Good Jonny Flynn Quote

The Dean

Flynn was asked, "This is supposed to be a weak draft. What is your reaction?"

Flynn responded: "It won't be weak for the team that drafts me (laughs)."

http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnews...801effa8e90fb1f

Dunno if the link will work for everyone.

Also, in the same column, when asked, "Who is the best player in this draft you've played against?", Tyreke Evans (Memphis Guard) said, "I would say it's Jonny Flynn..." He goes on to explain why.

Good stuff!

Flynn was asked, "This is supposed to be a weak draft. What is your reaction?"

Flynn responded: "It won't be weak for the team that drafts me (laughs)."

http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnews...801effa8e90fb1f

Dunno if the link will work for everyone.

Also, in the same column, when asked, "Who is the best player in this draft you've played against?", Tyreke Evans (Memphis Guard) said, "I would say it's Jonny Flynn..." He goes on to explain why.

Good stuff!

The TSN site keeps reloading over and over on me. I can't read the pages because it's so annoying. Thanks anyway.

The TSN site keeps reloading over and over on me. I can't read the pages because it's so annoying. Thanks anyway.

Your computer is all screwed up.

:lol:

Link worked for me! Thanks for posting it.

It's nice to see Flynn soaring up the draft board--coming out early looks like it'll work out for him. I just read an article the other day where Donte Greene lamented coming out early, and wishes he had stayed; if he had, we could have two guys going in the top 10 (with possibly another one, Harris, in the first round). I've even heard Devo might get drafted in the second round.

I know the Knicks are looking for a pure point guard that can run D'Antonio's fast paced high scoring offense that's in the mold of 2 time MVP Steve Nash. Flynn, unfortunately doesn't fit that mold because of his inability to consistently shoot from long range, but I think he is the best pure point guard in the draft along with Ty Lawson. He can create off the dribble, and shoot the mid range j decently, but unfortunately, I think that the Knicks are going to target Stephen Curry.

If Curry is gone by the time the Knicks pick, I hope they go with Flynn.

FYI,

Today's (6/25/09) Sporting News Today predicts Flynn will be picked at #10, by the Milwaukee Bucks.

No other SU players predicted in the first round.

FYI,

Today's (6/25/09) Sporting News Today predicts Flynn will be picked at #10, by the Milwaukee Bucks.

No other SU players predicted in the first round.

Saw that too (re-printed in the local paper this morning). I was surprised that they had a guy like Harden go in the top-5, and Flynn go at ten. I don't know much about Harden beyond his performance in the NCAA tourney, which was abysmal.

One guy who is going to be a money player is Sam Young. He'll go late first round and immediately help a playoff team.

Jonny Flynn was just drafted by the Minnesota T-Wolves. However, the T-Wolves also drafted another point guard right before him in Ricky Rubio, so one of them is going to get dealt.

Picked before Stephen Curry? Impressive.

Picked before Stephen Curry? Impressive.

IMHO, Stephen Curry belongs in the "Things that are overrated" thread. One trick pony AFAIC.

Flynn is the real deal and I've been hearing the T-Wolves are going to keep Flynn and trade Rubio, the phenom out of Spain.