One Sentence That's Very Telling

Because we all the the government should fill all the holes

"I say this as someone who grew up without a father in my life," Obama said. "That's something that leaves a hole in a child's heart that governments can't fill."

Pretty much tells you all you need to know regarding Obama's opinion of how involved the government needs to be in our lives.

Because we all the the government should fill all the holes

Pretty much tells you all you need to know regarding Obama's opinion of how involved the government needs to be in our lives.

But it takes a village.*

*Brought to you by parents who intentionally avoided the "village" and raised their daughter outside the public spotlight.

I'm sure nothing goofy ever happened in Southeast Asia boarding schools to awkward young boys without a concrete sense of self and family.

I'm also sure that the coping skills and denial that would be instinctive in those situations, couldn't possibly be held into adulthood to deal with similar situations of dominance that the young boy would then face in adulthood.

And people wonder why we are going to sit around the campfire holding hands as the world makes decisions for us.