Who are the building Blocks of this team?

Tim Graham did an article along with the rest of espn.com about the building blocks of the each division. Well who are the building blocks of this team. That means who are the guys that are going to be building around if this team is going to be a playoff Team in the future. Setting aside Trent due to the fact that he is the guy who will make or break this season.

In no order

Poz- Guy who could anchor that spot and develop into one of the better run stopping MLB for years to come.

Whitner- A safety who is very good in coverage a new trend in the league

Maybin- A ton of potential can be a guy that you can pencil in for 10 sacks a year in a few years

McKelvin- Could be shut down corner in a year or two. As well as his return ability.

Byrd- A guy who can become a safety or corner who rakes in the INT's

Wood

Butler- Three young guys that could be a part of a really good o-line

Levitre

Evans- Still young and one of the more underrated wide outs.

Lynch- A good young running back duh.

On the defense three of the top guys are in the secondary but thats the way we have drafted over the years. On offense we have three young guys along the line and a good receiver and running back. I just hope down the road that they invest more in the front seven due to the fact that Schobel and Stroud are getting up there.

Edit- Other honorable mentions Kyle Williams, Shawn Nelson, and Kawika Mitchell.

I didn't want Jauron fired after last season because I thought we were too close to what he'd been building, to just tear it down and start over, probably starting worse, and getting good over a three year period, as most rebuilding goes. I thought, if we're going to rebuild, then lets first see what Jauron can do with a full team as he wants it, and starting off healthy. This year we'll see what he can do. My guess is if he doesn't make the playoffs he's done. If he gets replaced, I'd like to see, as would we all, a very tough, no nonsense, proven coach. Like a Cowher. I'd love to see a few of the Good Ones over Jauron, unless he can get real close to winning the Super Bowl and show no reason to think he couldn't finish it off with one more year.

But, as for building blocks, we've got a good core of recievers, with different skills and sizes, a good group of running backs, a good, young interior line (we hope), as well as (hopefully) a good young QB. TE is up in the air, still. Our ST's are great. Our secondary is great. With Maybin, and Poz, a new coach would only have to bring in a couple good DE's, a DT, and a couple LB's, not to mention a LT. So, that's six players to really round it out, maybe three big names, three journeymen. With an offseason and a draft, a new coach should be able to put the pieces together for a solid team, a contender right off the bat. So, that should be enticing for whoever that might be. And, the majority of our club is young, and there's a lot of cap space to work with. I'd say a lot of positives for a coach who'd like to come in and win quickly, while having players he can keep around for 3-4 years.

I did not mean to hijack the thread with my comments about Brandon and Jauron.

As far as players go, I agree for the most part.

Offense-- Lynch (if he stays out of jail), Evans, Butler, both rookie OL, and hopefully Steve Johnson or James Hardy, if not both.

On D I would say Poz, Whitner, McKelvin and hopefully Maybin.

I did not mean to hijack the thread with my comments about Brandon and Jauron.

As far as players go, I agree for the most part.

Offense-- Lynch (if he stays out of jail), Evans, Butler, both rookie OL, and hopefully Steve Johnson or James Hardy, if not both.

On D I would say Poz, Whitner, McKelvin and hopefully Maybin.

Here in lies the problem for the Bills....

You build from the front and from the inside......My building blocks on the D starts with Marcus Stroud.......Schoeble, Maybin

On Offense, it starts with the Center.....We go as far as how much push we get in the run game... The real piece of this puzzle is going to be Walker.

Here in lies the problem for the Bills....

You build from the front and from the inside......My building blocks on the D starts with Marcus Stroud.......Schoeble, Maybin

On Offense, it starts with the Center.....We go as far as how much push we get in the run game... The real piece of this puzzle is going to be Walker.

I did not include Stroud and Schoble as well as some other players as building blocks considering their age.

I didn't want Jauron fired after last season because I thought we were too close to what he'd been building, to just tear it down and start over, probably starting worse, and getting good over a three year period, as most rebuilding goes. I thought, if we're going to rebuild, then lets first see what Jauron can do with a full team as he wants it, and starting off healthy. This year we'll see what he can do. My guess is if he doesn't make the playoffs he's done. If he gets replaced, I'd like to see, as would we all, a very tough, no nonsense, proven coach. Like a Cowher. I'd love to see a few of the Good Ones over Jauron, unless he can get real close to winning the Super Bowl and show no reason to think he couldn't finish it off with one more year.

But, as for building blocks, we've got a good core of recievers, with different skills and sizes, a good group of running backs, a good, young interior line (we hope), as well as (hopefully) a good young QB. TE is up in the air, still. Our ST's are great. Our secondary is great. With Maybin, and Poz, a new coach would only have to bring in a couple good DE's, a DT, and a couple LB's, not to mention a LT. So, that's six players to really round it out, maybe three big names, three journeymen. With an offseason and a draft, a new coach should be able to put the pieces together for a solid team, a contender right off the bat. So, that should be enticing for whoever that might be. And, the majority of our club is young, and there's a lot of cap space to work with. I'd say a lot of positives for a coach who'd like to come in and win quickly, while having players he can keep around for 3-4 years.

Well if Jauron was to get fired you would have to replace him with a disciplinarian thats just the way any sport works if you have a players coach you follow him up with a hard ass. I would like Cower to be here but too much money for Ralph but if not Cower maybe Gruden or Marty Schotenheimer they are guys with a pedigree and while they would cost a pretty penny they wouldn't be as much as a guy like Cower.

Edit- As Far as Russ goes he has done a decent job, Last year He brought in Stroud and Mitchell to help out the front seven and Drafted McKelvin but Hardy was a bust (so far). As for this years moves he brought in TO and had the balls to trade JP. His draft this year was pretty good. However he did bring back Jauron. So the moves he made this year we won't know how good they will be until next year.

:thumbsup: Good Post.