Will he ever learn?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I'm reading the article wrong I believe the last day of practice was shrunk down to a 35 minute walkthrough.

Either way every minute in practice counts for a team that hasn't broken .500 in years.

armchair coach, eh? lets assume they had a good camp and he rewarded them. you cant punish this team for last years results. fresh start with optimism at this point is probably his goal. business or sports, it is not a bad idea.

every minute counts? just shut up already you dork. football is supposed to be fun for fans...this argument you made is just absurd.

I feel stupid for responding to this crazy talk, but I just have to ask. Are you one of those mouth-breathers who think that screaming on the sidelines is a sign of good coaching?

usually you look at won / loss records. DJ doesn't cut it there either. Also quips like "the team plays hard for him" don't mean a thing if you keep losing.

usually you look at won / loss records. DJ doesn't cut it there either. Also quips like "the team plays hard for him" don't mean a thing if you keep losing.

Just read how DJ wants to make the most of his second chance...didn't his second chance come two years ago? It was noted that there has been a problem with the lack of continuity at head coach, which is one of the reasons RW elected to not make a change this year, but with the offense being singled out as the area in need of help, how much continuity is there with the OL? RB is another concern, but the bottom line is: there are always personnel changes and a good coaching staff can put their players in a position to win. How many star players do you need? NE has Brady and Moss, Miami doesn't have many superstars and the same with the Jets. That is why coaching and game management, planning and adjustments are so important - all of which we have not seen from DJ.

:lol:

This one's even better:

"Well, we'd like to be undefeated, but we're not, so ..." I think I need to go look up that gem from last season and make it my new sig.

"We do. We definitely do. As you know, there are critical areas, and as a coach the night before game, you go over these things and you talk about, ‘you’ve got to win this situation.’ But the long and short of it is, and it sounds simple, because it is, but the long and short of it is, you have to win them all. If you don’t win first and second (down), your odds of winning third are not very good at all. You have to stack the statistics in your favor and the odds in your favor. Every situation you could name, it’s critically important that you win it. People talk about third down, but if you don’t win first and second, your odds are not good. If you win that, you stay on the field, and that’s time off the clock, time away from their offense, time for your offense and all of those good things."

Is this REALLY a quote from a coach who has spent the past month practicing the no-huddle? :rolleyes: