Love the trash talking

I've read a number of articles recently about New York Jets new coach, and specifically his outspoken ambitions. He's been provoking both Miami and New England, and those two teams have spoken back. There seems to be a lot of heat brewing between the Jets and those two teams. As for me, I couldn't be happier. The Jets defense will be nasty this year - even if they aren't in the top ten, they'll be hard hitting and nasty, because their coach won't let them be otherwise. And, the Dolphins have a coach with the same mentality. And, if the Jets get anywhere near rough with Brady, you can bet the N.E. defense will do all it can to pay back. So, it's looking like all the emotion and physical play is going to be especially expended on those games. Let them beat each other up! I know the players will say that each game is important, but, I also know that players will play much more intense when there are personal feelings and pride on the line, and if the whole teams are pumped, then they'll be playing really tough against each other. And, I also believe that teams tend to slump a little after playing really emotional, tough games like that. Bills fans could really benifit from this, because the Bills have been left out of the mix, for the most part. I bet New England's coach is worrying more about the Bills than the Jets, but as for the other two, I could see the players looking past Buffalo - at least the first game.

Guest dog14787
I've read a number of articles recently about New York Jets new coach, and specifically his outspoken ambitions. He's been provoking both Miami and New England, and those two teams have spoken back. There seems to be a lot of heat brewing between the Jets and those two teams. As for me, I couldn't be happier. The Jets defense will be nasty this year - even if they aren't in the top ten, they'll be hard hitting and nasty, because their coach won't let them be otherwise. And, the Dolphins have a coach with the same mentality. And, if the Jets get anywhere near rough with Brady, you can bet the N.E. defense will do all it can to pay back. So, it's looking like all the emotion and physical play is going to be especially expended on those games. Let them beat each other up! I know the players will say that each game is important, but, I also know that players will play much more intense when there are personal feelings and pride on the line, and if the whole teams are pumped, then they'll be playing really tough against each other. And, I also believe that teams tend to slump a little after playing really emotional, tough games like that. Bills fans could really benifit from this, because the Bills have been left out of the mix, for the most part. I bet New England's coach is worrying more about the Bills than the Jets, but as for the other two, I could see the players looking past Buffalo - at least the first game.

Players get pumped to play against T.O. because they know he represents the top scoring WR in the NFL and one of the best that's ever played the game I might add. So despite all the trash talk going on in our division, I don't think opposing players, at least on defense anyway, will be looking past the Buffalo Bills.

Win or lose against the Bills, the Pats* face the Jets in game 2............................on a short week. I hope Dick will have the Bills play agressive Football in week 1. I KNOW Rex will have the Jets play that way week 2. It will be FUN to see the DIRTY Pats* get their noses bloodied.

No offense, but that's such a loser mentality. Sounds like something Dick Jauron would say.

No offense, but that's such a loser mentality. Sounds like something Dick Jauron would say.

It was no offde-fence. Get it right! :D

What an odd reply. Maybe you could expand on your opinion?

I don't consider it a loser mentality or thought process. Football is a lot of things - brains, muscle, teamwork, passion, etc. If a few of our important competitors want to talk it up to the point where they will be blinded, in a sense, by intensity and feel the need to go out and smash each other up, then, the consequences might be that those teams could injure themselves, or, have slumps on other weeks. I'd like to see the Bills go out and impose their plan on their opponents. However, if they are being overlooked, or under-prepared for to begin the season, then I'm fine with that. We have a young team that could use a few early wins to increase their confidence - by the end of the year everyone will be playing hard for the playoffs. I'm just saying let them take as much out of each other as possible. If we were to make it to the playoffs, and superbowl, we'll have plenty of tough games where teams are doing everything possible to stop us. But, like the rams did in their first SB year, to start off fast and surprise teams - that might be good. I'd rather see it that way than to have Rex Ryan firing up his squad to blast Trent Edwards - and to see him attacked all game long with the intent of hurting him. Sure, Ideally we would want to play the best competiton every week. We'd want all our opponents at their best - like the SB champs often see. But, realistically, I'd rather see some success first, and then have a target on us. I guess, to be honest, it comes down to thinking that we might benefit from some breaks, whereas, if we had every team gunning for us, with our schedule, we could get beat up and lose confidence. I'd rather be considered one of the best before we have to face the best week in and out. Not my attitude personally, only my perception of the strenght of our team right now. I'd rather have a team that didn't have so many question marks and say, we'll take on the best every week. But, as I said, a little success first.

It was no offde-fence. Get it right! :rolleyes:

What an odd reply. Maybe you could expand on your opinion?

I dont wanna speak for QB Bills but what I think he meant is. The Bills are such losers when it comes to NE, and have gotten our ass kicked so much by them, that fans don't care about the bills beating them. That they would rather someone else do it for the bills. The original posted hinted that it's good to have other teams talking about doing, exactly what the bills should be doing. I'm not so much saying just talking trash but sh-- isn't it time the Bills attempt to beat NE, instead of looking like dead dogs against them? Fact is The Buffalo Bills are scared of the New England Patriots. This team is the Pats B word. Their play on the field, and the tone of certain posts reflect that, by hoping some other team does what the bills should want to do.

I dont wanna speak for QB Bills but what I think he meant is. The Bills are such losers when it comes to NE, and have gotten our ass kicked so much by them, that fans don't care about the bills beating them. That they would rather someone else do it for the bills. The original posted hinted that it's good to have other teams talking about doing, exactly what the bills should be doing. I'm not so much saying just talking trash but sh-- isn't it time the Bills attempt to beat NE, instead of looking like dead dogs against them? Fact is The Buffalo Bills are scared of the New England Patriots. This team is the Pats B word. Their play on the field, and the tone of certain posts reflect that, by hoping some other team does what the bills should want to do.

As a fan, there is nothing more than I would like to see than for the Bills beat the Patriots. I take no solace in someone else beating the Pats for us. If the Pats overlook the Bills, I will be surprised. I guess I will be surprised if Jauron out-coaches Bellichek, too. :doh:

The Bills as a team need to learn to stand tall and BE winners - consistently. They can strut a little without trash talking anybody!

I guess I did not read the post as having the tone of "loser mentality", and then comparing it to Jauron mentality. Then again, as you point out, they have "owned" us for far too long.

The Pat's have owned us. We're playing them week one, so, we'll find out then how that might change or not. I'd like nothing more than the Bills to take it to them, and when they're healthy. That isn't the point of what I was saying. If all the teams in the division were to all of a sudden start talking like they were going to go out and go crazy against each other, bringing the heat and the hurtin', more so than normal, like it's personal, then, one would assume, they'd be expending a ton of energy and risk injury on these games, as opposed the rest of the schedule. To me, that is absurd. It's a 16 game season. A marathon, if you will. Like the rabbit and the turtle. If these teams in our division end up losing sight of the end goal, and it hurts them in doing so, more to gain for Buffalo. It's a sport of advantages, and taking advantage of weaknesses. The no huddle offense is designed to try to catch defenses off guard. Is that a loser mentality? Should we not do it so the other team can bring in their change up? Come on! These teams are too close, across the board, not to want to take every advantage, legitimately, as we can.