Is it a coincidence...?

duey

I think McGahee's presence is a factor, both in Bledsoe's improved productivity and the line's improve play, but I think there are other factors too. I think Bledsoe is really working on changing his approach to the game with help from Sam Wyche, and I think the coaching of JimMcNally is having a positive effect on the line. Maybe Tom Donahoe was right after all. He said we sould just wait, that the team would get a lot better.

Drew and Willis talked but this before Mcgahees first start.  Willis told the Oline just to pickup defensive linemen and let the backs worry about the blitzing LBers and safties.  I believe since Drew trusts him to handle his assignments, and Shelton knowing who to block, and also relieving the Oline of blitz pass off, the unit as a whole is playing a lot better.  Drew knows he isn't gonna get tagged so he looks and feels more comfortable in there. 

In addition, having Mcgahees hands in there catching the ball, Drew who is a terrible dump off passer, has more luck as Willis is able to catch the poor throws. 

Finally it also appears that Willis seems to better understand the offense and it permits a much bigger playbook, with more schemes the defense has to worry about.

106361[/snapback]

Good analysis VA.

I'd easily send him to Oakland for a 2nd rounder at the end of the season without any regrets.

106259[/snapback]

Tell this to the Raider fans, who are convienced that Ricky Williams will be running the ball for Oakland in 2005.

I would think that Henry would be a very nice fit in S.F., and given the current state of the 49ers, and the joke that the York family is making the 49ers right now, that we'll have a top 3 pick in next years draft since the York's and Terry Donahue will be dumb enough to trade their 1st round pick for Henry, with the spin that he's a proven player. Travis is a top quality RB, but McGahee has proved that he is one of those special, special players that come along.

Va said it best. Not only is Willis a more complete back than Travis, he fits in with this offense better than TH. I'm a huge Travis supporter, but those are the facts. I will say, though, that Travis did a great job on two occasions picking up the blitz today. But Willis is the more consistent blocker and receiver, and you can't argue with his production as a runner.

Va said it best. Not only is Willis a more complete back than Travis, he fits in with this offense better than TH. I'm a huge Travis supporter, but those are the facts. I will say, though, that Travis did a great job on two occasions picking up the blitz today. But Willis is the more consistent blocker and receiver, and you can't argue with his production as a runner.

106405[/snapback]

Indy I agree, I remember at least one blitz pickup Travis had. Stright up the middle LBer and Travis got a good chunk of him. I was impressed.

That works for me...there is no way we could get a 1st out of anyone given his anticipated lack of playing time the rest of the way.

106267[/snapback]

I hope that travis stays next year but if he is traded , who needs a running back badly ??? Um Dallas and who got our first rounder ??? UM Dallas . Of course I don't think Travis is a Parcells type running back but that would be something. :D

Tell this to the Raider fans, who are convienced that Ricky Williams will be running the ball for Oakland in 2005. 

I would think that Henry would be a very nice fit in S.F., and given the current state of the 49ers, and the joke that the York family is making the 49ers right now, that we'll have a top 3 pick in next years  draft since the York's and Terry Donahue will be dumb enough to trade their 1st round pick for Henry, with the spin that he's a proven player.  Travis is a top quality RB, but McGahee has proved that he is one of those special, special players that come along.

106399[/snapback]

what about Kevan Barlow...last time i checked, he wasnt a half bad running back...

what about Kevan Barlow...last time i checked, he wasnt a half bad running back...

106422[/snapback]

He's not a bad back at all. What I am saying is that any team in the NFL can convience the idiot York family that Travis is the next coming of Roger Craig, and they'll bite. They're a complete joke, and it would be very easy to send Travis to S.F. for a very high draft pick.

I mean, Larry Ellison of Oracle offered a ridiculous amount to buy the 49ers from the York family, and they turned it down. They're idiots, and they can be easily had.

I thought the team looked fantastic today.  With the exception of "Fast Freddy" Smith's gaffs (please get rid of this stiff), and McGee's slip on the Moss TD, this team put in a playoff caliber performance today.  Let's not forget that this is a good Jets team, and we absolutely took it to them today.

The team looked alot better, but I wouldn't go as far as to call them fantastic. The defense is still soft against the pass, and Drew is still woefully innaccurate on many of his throws, too many to be discounted. He is however playing better now that the running game is a real factor.

the fact that there was a serious reduction in penalties called against us has as much to do with our win as the rest of the postive elements.

We are definitely starting to resemble a team capable of winning, too bad we threw 5 of our 1st 6 games.

Looking at the last 2 games and the Miami game that Bledsoe can avoid the sack as long as it is only one person. He like most other QB's in the league have trouble when mulitple people are in the backfield.

Willis is a better blocker that Henry. Henry has always been subpar in that department. All a Back needs to do is slow down a blitzing lineman, CB, or Linebacker for a extra 1 or 2 seconds. Willis does it very well.

I have always been a Travis supporter because he is a work horse. Willis is a smarter player and is showing he can be a work horse.

The offense is better with Willis in the game.

I still like Henry but I like this offense better with Willis being the go too guy.