The Bills , the reality,and the sheep that follow

The fact that the Bills suck doesn't bother me. I have been a Bills true fan for years and years and have suffered endless years of frustration. What bothers me is that people BUY TIK"S, when the could talk with their wallets. Why should that loser Wilson do anything when he's rewarded for his incompentence? Years ago, in the mid 80's , the Bills sold 30K seats for a game , Wilson bitched but brought in Polian and the rest is history. We don't even have a football GM now, I think we're the only team to hold that honor.

This team blows, are offense now has a 34 year old train wreck as a wide reciever as its marquee guy. We has an "O" line in shambles with rookies galore and other guys playing new positions. Our QB is very unproven with an average arm and a history of injury. Our 1st pick was selected about 15 picks too early and better suited for a team that can afford a luxury of a one down guy at best.

The problem is all the sheep that follow. So call me anything you want, but your not helping.

Bills fans have to buy tickets if they hope to keep the franchise here, or even if they just hope to get support from the county or state to keep the team here in the future. So, not buying tickets is not really an option unless you don't want a team in Buffalo. In which case, who cares about results then?

But most of us feel your pain. The majority of fans are rather casual about the results and cautiously optimistic but understanding that the past is a strong indicator for this team. Don't put too much stock into the presence of the minority of militantly stupid sheep like C.Biscuit and VOR, etc.. The offseason IS their season. By late October, these guys have Ralph's egg on their face and by January 15 they are begging for more of the same and rationalizing why it's okay. They think they are being loyal fans when all they are being are jerks to their fellow fans who have the audacity to point out the obvious........that a decade of losing is awful and not an accident. You can't argue with people like that. They try to rationalize why the Bills are so smart to let good players leave, but neglect the fact that they must not have been too smart if they used a #1 pick on that player, etc.. Everything is an excuse or denial. Sheep.

Yeah, this organization is a laughingstock. And we are right for pointing it out, illustrating why and so forth. They should be criticized because they have been so bad for so long.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is all the sheep that follow. So call me anything you want, but your not helping.

You would think an organization not named the Detroit Lions which is eyeing 10 years without a playoff appearance and 14 since a playoff win would receive more criticism. No one's asking for a SB win each season, but some demonstration of success. IMO, most fans would like a playoff appearance, preferably a home game. Bill Parcells and Tom Dimitroff did it in their first season with notoriously sad sack organizations. DJ/Marv/Brandon have had three seasons and done nothing.

Unfortunately, having a team is more important to these casual uninformed fans. While many fans have the audacity to ask for success, many fans could care less about results.

Guest dog14787
You would think an organization not named the Detroit Lions which is eyeing 10 years without a playoff appearance and 14 since a playoff win would receive more criticism. No one's asking for a SB win each season, but some demonstration of success. IMO, most fans would like a playoff appearance, preferably a home game. Bill Parcells and Tom Dimitroff did it in their first season with notoriously sad sack organizations. DJ/Marv/Brandon have had three seasons and done nothing.

Unfortunately, having a team is more important to these casual uninformed fans. While many fans have the audacity to ask for success, many fans could care less about results.

What exactly is a casual uninformed fan and is this what you are calling the majority of the Bills fan base?

What are you suggesting fans do, boycott the games so we do lose our football team?

So yes, I guess when you put it that way, having a team is more important.

If his criticism in the original post was fair, clearly expressed, and supported by facts of any sort then my reply would have been less harsh. But calling our biggest pickup a "train wreck" and informing us that the team "blows" in June when our record, like everyone else's, is currently 0-0 smacks of ignorance. Personally I will take a train wreck that has 27 TD receptions in the past 3 years.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, and everyone who expresses theirs in public should expect others to not respect or agree with said opinion. That expectation should be heightened when you don't even know the difference between "are" and "our".

BTW, there are several teams around the league that operate without a titular "General Manager" - New England being one of them following the departure of Pioli.

Grammar expert, it is "our." and not "our". Your Pioli comment explains everything.