This california budget problem is no joke

The problem chef is that the lowly staff dont make that much money here......

This isn't going to affect the people with the big salaries around here........

The biggest expense for any enterprise (government or private) is the cost of labor. So when cuts are made, they start there

Unfortnately in both government and private life, the people with the big salaries are the ones deciding where the cuts come from

The problem chef is that the lowly staff dont make that much money here......

This isn't going to affect the people with the big salaries around here........

Why is this not going to affect the people with big salaries? Are they're payed holidays not being taken away?

The biggest expense for any enterprise (government or private) is the cost of labor. So when cuts are made, they start there

Unfortnately in both government and private life, the people with the big salaries are the ones deciding where the cuts come from

Thats not the way it's worked in my experience. Management always takes as much as or more of a hit. Most of the time you can't do without productive(good laborers). You need them to bring money in. You really don't want to lose the good ones and you have to take steps to keep them. During slow periods we cut hours from 40 to 32 so no one gets hurt too badly and we don't lose our good guys forever. Now in times like this, the upside is that its a great opportunity to shake deadbeat employees. Both on the managerial and labor side.

I think it has something to do with the way that they are paid.

For instance.....faculty (the ones who truly get the big bucks at a university) will not feel the effect of this the way staff do because they get paid on a different kind of basis......they dont even accrue vacation but are hardly ever here unless they are teaching.

And I am not saying they dont deserve to be paid...when you put in the time to get your education and go through the various hoops they have to jump to get to the University level...they deserve to get paid.

BUT....this wont effect them the way it will affect your average worker who comes and puts in 40 plus. 16 days is a lot out of the budget just like that.

Thank god my wife got on the good shift dealing at her job.