I think the Bills might have the best offense in the league..

I was breaking it down and looked at it pretty objectively and thought AZ was a close second to us but they do not have the depth at RB like us past Hightower. AZ also has a aged QB in Warner and Trent reminds me of a much younger version of him (Quick thinking / better release time). AZ Wr's are equal to T.O. & Evans in many ways Stat wise as well.

If the line plays hard in the trenches this year / we get a true no huddle dialed in tight, we've got ourselves a multitude of points. I really think that we have our best chance to score ever, that includes the K-gun offenses as well.

Get your popcorn ready.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was breaking it down and looked at it pretty objectively and thought AZ was a close second to us but they do not have the depth at RB like us past Hightower. AZ also has a aged QB in Warner and Trent reminds me of a much younger version of him (Quick thinking / better release time). AZ Wr's are equal to T.O. & Evans in many ways Stat wise as well.

If the line plays hard in the trenches this year / we get a true no huddle dialed in tight, we've got ourselves a multitude of points. I really think that we have our best chance to score ever, that includes the K-gun offenses as well.

Get your popcorn ready.

I share your optimism.....but,

I can't put the Bills offense above New England's, Philadelphia's, Arizona's, San Diego's or New Orleans yet.

The Bills gotta show me they can block, convert 3rd and 1's and develop a swagger.

I guess we'll see. Thats all I can really say. I have confidence that Edwards will throw a few good balls IF he stays on his feet, and IF he's healthy for 16 starts, and IF the O-Line plays lights out, etcetera etcetera.

There's a lot of question marks left. I like our RB depth, as you said. Im sure we can get a few good plays between Lynch, the Rev. Dr. Justice Samuel L Jesse Michael Action Freddy Jackson, and Rhodes. But still, lets see what happens.

Yes! The skooby post is back! Gentlemen, start your engines! We're better than the k-gun! Edwards is comparable to Kelly! Skoob, do you know how long it's been since our passing game was higher than 25th? Remember how Edwards went into a shell at mid-season and just checked down? CAN WE SEE HOW THIS THING PLAYS OUT!!!!!

The Bills have top notch players at WR1, WR2, and RB. They have large question marks at QB, TE, LT, LG, RG, and RT. They're decent at WR3 with Reed and I'm comfortable with Hangartener at C. Everyone else...well, it could work out, but it might not. I'm optimistic about Trent, Wood, and Butler being okay, I think Walker will be a pleasant surprise, and Levitre could well be okay. But that's optimism, not proven facts.

Get your popcorn ready.

This is WAY too positive a post to TBD Please prepare to be reamed.

Seriously, there are many many unknowns on this offense which makes it simply impossible to discern at this point in time how good they actually might be. You mentioned the new offensive line as the only question mark. You were right to mention them because it is a HUGE question. Certainly, it is a good thing that there are new faces since last year's line stunk. But until they actually start opening holes and giving Trent time to throw, one has to be cautious in predicting anything other than "improving but with a learning curve". As to RB and WR - you are correct in pointing out that the Bills are VERY strong there. We are looking at three decent WR's (Parrish, Hardy and Johnson) fighting to get on the field at all. I, too, like Trent but he has shown flashes of incredible ineptness (inaccuracy) and takes WAY too many hard hits even when he see the guy coming. He is an injury waiting to happen on every play. On the other hand, he has shown the ability to destroy blitzing teams and is at his best when under the gun. These are indicators of potential greatness. He is still a question mark in my book. Also, he has yet to defeat the spread (multi-DB) defense. He plays much better when the defenses attack him. I blame this on terrible coaching since having tons of time to throw should be an easier situation.....but not for Trent (so far).

We also do not yet have a proven TE. I do not believe this offense can excel without a decent TE IMO.

Lastly, you cannot put this offense ahead of the Cheatriots. Never (until we finally beat the bastards that is)

-RnJ

Yes! The skooby post is back! Gentlemen, start your engines! We're better than the k-gun! Edwards is comparable to Kelly! Skoob, do you know how long it's been since our passing game was higher than 25th? Remember how Edwards went into a shell at mid-season and just checked down? CAN WE SEE HOW THIS THING PLAYS OUT!!!!!

Edwards was playing while concussed. But I still think we pale in comparison to the K-Gun era- both offensively and defensively.

Get your popcorn ready.

You had the 25th ranked O in the NFL last. You have added a 35-36 yr old, skills diminishing, cancer causing WR / you have added a rookie 4th round TE who may or may not start / you have an OL where not a single player is playing where they were last year / and you have a QB that has proven (to this point) to be closer to JP Losman than Jim Kelly. Please explain how this offense is supposed to be so impressive.

You had the 25th ranked O in the NFL last. You have added a 35-36 yr old, skills diminishing, cancer causing WR / you have added a rookie 4th round TE who may or may not start / you have an OL where not a single player is playing where they were last year / and you have a QB that has proven (to this point) to be closer to JP Losman than Jim Kelly. Please explain how this offense is supposed to be so impressive.

What is that growth on Brady's neck??

Both Q and Fitz are better than Lee so you can't match their WR #2 with ours. Q and Fitz are about equal in my book, with Fitz getting the nod because of the playoffs. Fitz and Q are every bit as good as Owens at this point in their careers. Their QB is a world better than ours, and their offensive coordinator is better than ours.

We just beat them at RB.

I'll take the Cards offense to ours any day of the week.

I think we're forgetting that T.O. is only one player. If you look at the Bills offense as a whole where did they really improve from last year? WR is better, RB added a little more depth, QB stayed the same (which is still a question mark), and compared to last year the Oline is in shambles. Unless the line can mesh right off the bat, our offense will probably struggle.

Get your popcorn ready.

I recall the heady days, when the acquisition of Dockery and Walker made folks proclaim the same. :rolleyes:

I think we're forgetting that T.O. is only one player. If you look at the Bills offense as a whole where did they really improve from last year? WR is better, RB added a little more depth, QB stayed the same (which is still a question mark), and compared to last year the Oline is in shambles. Unless the line can mesh right off the bat, our offense will probably struggle.

LOL! Compared to last year, the O-line is "in shambles?"

Adding a player like TO significantly improves the offense, because he'll draw coverage away from Evans, as well as the LOS. The Bills have been hindered for years without a true #2 WR, and the Bills now have a 1a and 1b WR. Peerless Price in 2006 was about the closest thing to a #2 WR the Bills have had since Moulds' last season in Buffalo.

The best is somewhat of a stretch? Much improved is more like it. The Bills were ranked 14th in total defense last year. In my mind a 14th ranked defense is good enough to make the playoffs. However when paired with the 25th total offense it isn't possible.

If you take a look at the 2006 offense of the Dallas Cowboys they were ranked 5th overall. Their defense was ranked 13th overall that year as well.

If you assume the Bills defense is improved. I think it is and if the Bills offense can get top 10 i think we can make the playoffs.

Check this out.

2006 Dallas Cowboys 2009 Buffalo Bills

Tony Romo/Drew Bledsoe Trent Edwards

Marion Barber Marshawn Lynch

Julius Jones Fred Jackson

Terrell Owens Terrell Owens

Terry Glenn Lee Evans

The comparisons are somewhat interesting. WE have similar players to the 2006 5th ranked offense. The question is if the Lines are comparible. That i have no idea. I would guess that Dallas's is better due to experience.

Tony Romo isn't that great if you ask me. I would rather have Trent Edwards. Tony Romo sucks in tight spots. Trent has shown to deliver when the game is on the line. Jacksonville and Raiders last year show that. Besides Trent has made a name for himself in the NFL already. Who the hell would Tony Romo be without TO. I personally think that Dallas is in a rude awakening when it comes to Tony Romo. Good luck with Roy Williams.

Dude, optimism is great, but please are you serious? You have Arizona, Indianapolis, San Diego and New England just to name a few that are much better than ours. There are several that are just as good as us if not slightly better (Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Minnesota, etc.). I think we have a young talented team, but even if everythings pans out, I might put us in the top 40% of offenses in the league. At present, as much as I like Trent Edwards, our quarterbacks are closer to being J.P. Losman and Billy Joe Hobert backing him up, than a QB on the best offense in the NFL. It doesn't matter what weapons are around you, if the QB doesn't play top notch, the offense is never going to be top notch. Go Bills!

Get your popcorn ready.

we have good weapons, a qb that could be really good. but we got rookies on the line it all will depend on how good they play.

Get your popcorn ready.

They'll need to do more than play hard, they'll need to play really, really well. I think there are some good pieces there, but it will all depend on the line play.