Bills new stadium

why do we need to build a new stadium? Could it be possible that we actually disassemble the Ralph and reassemble it in downtown Buffalo...

is it possible?

are there moving location fees?

I understand the walls are concrete but there has to be a way

Does it ever end? :thumbsup:

Does it ever end? :thumbsup:

It's legitimate, rational thinking. I mean it would end up saving money, I believe. The practicality of it though I think would be a stretch. But hey, I mean having the same stadium just downtown would be very nice, wouldn't you agree?

It's legitimate, rational thinking. I mean it would end up saving money, I believe. The practicality of it though I think would be a stretch. But hey, I mean having the same stadium just downtown would be very nice, wouldn't you agree?

Really? Really? Taking down the stadium and putting it back together downtown is rational thinking? I have got to start drinking again!

Really? Really? Taking down the stadium and putting it back together downtown is rational thinking? I have got to start drinking again!

Rational because it would save money. Take notice in the part where I said the practicality is a little off. Relax, my friend, I know it won't be done either :thumbsup:

New construction is generally so much cheaper in our society that it makes the cost of carefully moving old construction so it is not substantially destroyed impractical.

The answer is really a practical one in terms of how much of the old stadium do you wish to move in toto or in pieces and then reassemble them and still end up with a facility with all the advantages of new built technologies and that meets all building codes (codes which folks chafe at as they hate regulation, but with the recent meltdown of the economy of what happens without clear and solid regulation).

It generally is such a better deal economically to do more than move old facades or retain them in place and build around them so one can have a pretense of real connection to the past and have all the cost advantages which our economic system gives to new builds.

My sense is that the good news is that the Bills are actually taking a serious look at building a new stadium in Buffalo. However, the Bills are doing smar business if they do not want this word to leak out as we are probably talking about relatively few sites along the water front in Buffalo where a stadium would be built. As soon as word got out that the Bills were seriously looking at building a new stadium in Buffalo, the price of any unacquired land and the prices of any nearby land would grow.

In addition, Ralph has built a huge public demand for the Bills to stay and this demand can be translated in getting local governments to pay a ton of the development costs (probably through setting up an authority similar to the one looking to build new sports stadiums in NYC) and not only get this public subsidy but get total control and profit-taking from the new stadium.

By keeping their interest non-public the Bills can force a deal which maximizes their benefits and totally insulates them from any costs.

From my perspective, given the demand for development in downtown Buffalo and the fact that the Bills are one of the things which gives a common interest to a region as badly divided as almost any in the country between the haves and the have nots, as far as being raped by the welfare queens of the Buffalo Bills lining up at the taxpayer teat, I say rape away.

i dont even think that is actually possible

its not like is a structure made of wood that can be taken apart, trasnsported then nailed back together

its made of cement and welded steel. Plus, it would probably take a decade

Disassembling Ralph Wilson Stadium, moving it and putting it back together?? Where do people come up with this stuff? It's not a trailer that you can put dollies under and just move wherever you want too. I think it should be somewhere in the Harbor Project, like the whole thing.

why do we need to build a new stadium? Could it be possible that we actually disassemble the Ralph and reassemble it in downtown Buffalo...

is it possible?

Why would a downtown stadium make the Bills a more profitable franchise then staying in OP? Even if they took you up on your idea, and 1 million volunteers worked to move the Ralph brick by brick, saving everything and adding nothing new, and all the trucks and equipment were donated for free, and it was all completed in time for the Bucs game in September, how would that make the Bills better, being downtown? :thumbsup:

Let me ask you a question. Would you be willing, or could you and 73.000 of your closest Bills friends be willing, or afford to pay the Bills an average of $2,000.00 every 2 to 5 years for PSL's, on top of the increased price for your game tickets? These are not suites I'm asking about. These are the exact same seats you sit in at the Ralph right now. PSL's and game ticket increases up to about 20%, are what would be needed to keep the Bills in Buffalo, in any stadium, once the Bills are sold to an ownership that even would want to keep the team here. Why? Very simple. The new ownership would have a nice "mortgage" to pay off of around $800 Million dollars, or so, that Ralph Wilson has never had to concern himself with.

So as we toss around our fantasy ideas of old stadiums being moved downtown, or new stadiums being built in Niagara Falls or Lovejoy for that matter, try to keep in mind the financial ramifications of Buffalo Bills post Ralph Wilson.

Disassembling Ralph Wilson Stadium, moving it and putting it back together?? Where do people come up with this stuff? It's not a trailer that you can put dollies under and just move wherever you want too. I think it should be somewhere in the Harbor Project, like the whole thing.

Good point. And better avatar. :thumbsup:

is it possible?

This has to be a new low...the collective IQ of TBD just dropped 167 pts.

is it possible?

Hey, I didn't realize the Ralph was made from Legos -- how 'bout that!

If it's to keep the Bills in Buffalo... us Buffalonians needs to think outside the box

Maybe its a stretch to disassemble... but why not make a replica downtown and just move all of the other things. For example - the 4 sides of the stadium, the big screen, the seats and warming systems, lcd panels.

The part that makes it tough about that stadium is its built underground

If it's to keep the Bills in Buffalo... us Buffalonians needs to think outside the box

Maybe its a stretch to disassemble... but why not make a replica downtown and just move all of the other things. For example - the 4 sides of the stadium, the big screen, the seats and warming systems, lcd panels.

Too bad we didn't come up with this for the Rockpile. It was a lot closer to Downtown.

I've got a great idea. I've seen David Copperfield make an airplane and the statue of liberty disappear. This one time, he moved Diamond Head out further into the ocean. If he can do this, I'm sure moving a football stadium would be no problem. You could turn it into a 60 minute show, and the commercials would pay Copperfield's salary and everything.