Pisa bad -mouths Bills...

Read your post again - he went to the L-I-O-N-S. The freaking Lions will sign anyone right now. Johnson has been a slightly below average pro in his NFL tenure - that's it.

It doesn't matter who gave him the 3-year $9M contract, just as long as he got it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every team has a bandwagon - just look at all the folks who jumped on the Cardinals' last year. .... You are either with the Bills or against them - and if you don't like the ride, get the FARK out of town.

It's not that simple.

I'm a Bills fan, and darn tired of losing. While some franchises win regularly, Buffalo finds new ways to lose consistently enough to be neither good or downright awful. Especially when you consider that in the salary cap era that parity is practically legislated by the NFL.

When Buffalo had a chance to find a legitimate NFL GM, they reached for a marketing guy. When Buffalo had a chance to fire a HC who hasn't been able to win with draft picks and UFA's he had a hand in acquiring, easy schedules, and three seasons of rebuilding, they didn't.

Dissent is healthy for some Bills fans who want more than a 7-9 team which cannot get into the post-season. For those who demand little and are happy to have a team, keep on truckin'. Just don't tell me that maintaining the status quo is good enough. Buffalo hasn't done anything yet, and given their track record of failure, I'm not buying their PR until I see some success on the field.

Read your post again - he went to the L-I-O-N-S. The freaking Lions will sign anyone right now. Johnson has been a slightly below average pro in his NFL tenure - that's it.

His point wasn't that the greatest team in NFL history signed him, it was the terms of the deal he got, coming from where he came from the year before.

You're just looking for an argument, not really comprehending anyone's posts. Why don't you come back when you aren't so pouty and butt-hurt.......

Every team has a bandwagon - just look at all the folks who jumped on the Cardinals' last year. .... You are either with the Bills or against them - and if you don't like the ride, get the FARK out of town.

the cards went to the superbowl last year. how many people jumped on the bills bandwagon after 3 straight 7-9 seasons?

anyway keep up the tough guy routine, hero.

from profootballtalk:

...”There was opportunity to go to other teams, but it was like, ‘We’re going to give you the job.’ And for me, that was awkward because I know there were guys who had been working since the end of last season, coming into this year and all the time they put in, and they felt like they were the starter. The fact that I have to come and earn a job, it definitely makes me more hungry because now I know I have to earn my job.”

Now that is a new one on me. An NFL player, with a number of teams wanting him, choosing the team that did not tell him he would start from day one. Let me guess, the Bears offered him the least amount of money for his pathetic one year $1 Million dollar "mega-contract" he signed too, right? So this is how he is bad mouthing the Bills? "Damn those Buffalo Bills, they wanted to pay me more money (maybe), and make me their starting strong side linebacker, too!" Screw them, I'm going to the Bears and earn less money (maybe) and have to compete to be the starter after earning 3 times as much last year for the Rams and leading them in tackles!"

And you posted this moron's thoughts why?..... :thumbsup:

Now that is a new one on me. An NFL player, with a number of teams wanting him, choosing the team that did not tell him he would start from day one. Let me guess, the Bears offered him the least amount of money for his pathetic one year $1 Million dollar "mega-contract" he signed too, right? So this is how he is bad mouthing the Bills? "Damn those Buffalo Bills, they wanted to pay me more money (maybe), and make me their starting strong side linebacker, too!" Screw them, I'm going to the Bears and earn less money (maybe) and have to compete to be the starter after earning 3 times as much last year for the Rams and leading them in tackles!"

And you posted this moron's thoughts why?..... :thumbsup:

It actually sounds more like an attempt at a polite blow-off explanation. Would you rather he had said, "I was tired of losing and dysfunction in St. Louis and all Buffalo offered was more losing, another ownership change looming on the horizon, and more of the same old sh-- -- so, no, I was never going to sign a multi-year deal with the Bills"?

It actually sounds more like an attempt at a polite blow-off explanation. Would you rather he had said, "I was tired of losing and dysfunction in St. Louis and all Buffalo offered was more losing, another ownership change looming on the horizon, and more of the same old sh-- -- so, no, I was never going to sign a multi-year deal with the Bills"?

Actually, it would have been more refreshing to hear him say "well, the Bills were offering me a 3-year deal for $1.5M a season and I think I'm better than that, so I'll take Chicago's 1-year $1M deal and try to his the open market next year, when hopefully there is no cap, and that some team overspends on me."

Sounds like Pisa doesn't want any expectations placed on him. I'm glad the Bills found out the easy way.

Actually, it would have been more refreshing to hear him say "well, the Bills were offering me a 3-year deal for $1.5M a season and I think I'm better than that, so I'll take Chicago's 1-year $1M deal and try to his the open market next year, when hopefully there is no cap, and that some team overspends on me."

Sounds like Pisa doesn't want any expectations placed on him. I'm glad the Bills found out the easy way.

Do you think the Bills actually refused to make him a one year offer?

The crap people make up to get mad at amazes me. It was a boring time of year and we could use an upgrade over Ellison. I would have like Pisa too, but his family didn't give him as much attention as we did on these boards. He's a decent player who only got a one year deal to play somewhere. He said nothing remotely about Buffalo, so let's just move on.

Do you think the Bills actually refused to make him a one year offer?

Yes. As I said, it's probably the same situation as last year with Bryant Johnson, who eschewed a 3-year deal with the Bills so that he could "showcase" himself with the 49'ers. TO is the first, and likely only, FA the Bills have ever signed to a 1-year deal. And PT is no TO. He's not even in the same area code.

Yes. As I said, it's probably the same situation as last year with Bryant Johnson, who eschewed a 3-year deal with the Bills so that he could "showcase" himself with the 49'ers. TO is the first, and likely only, FA the Bills have ever signed to a 1-year deal. And PT is no TO. He's not even in the same area code.

You may be right. And, I was thinking of the TO deal...

Still, a hole is a hole. Trying to patch it up for 1 year with a mercenary isn't completely without any merit. In fact, patching enough holes might pull a team out of the bottom tier and establish some sense of a winning atmosphere. Besides most of the free agents they've brought in here in the past 4 off-seasons haven't played out their contracts anyway.

You may be right. And, I was thinking of the TO deal...

Still, a hole is a hole. Trying to patch it up for 1 year with a mercenary isn't completely without any merit. In fact, patching enough holes might pull a team out of the bottom tier and establish some sense of a winning atmosphere. Besides most of the free agents they've brought in here in the past 4 off-seasons haven't played out their contracts anyway.

True, maybe a 1-year deal should have been offered. And maybe it was, but PT was serious about not liking being handed the starting job? I don't know, but that comment still sounds lame to me.

True, maybe a 1-year deal should have been offered. And maybe it was, but PT was serious about not liking being handed the starting job? I don't know, but that comment still sounds lame to me.

Agreed and that's what I was getting at in post #67. I don't buy that comment about handed the job as the actual reason. (Though I understand his point that it isn't a very strong selling point really. It indicates an indifference to performance and the development of players already there. What's to say they don't hand out the same promise to the next guy to come through the revolving door?) I took his comments about losing as closer to his true feelings. The Bears were in the Super Bowl not too long ago and now they have a franchise QB in Cutler, so that doesn't look like a bad situation at all. He has a history with Lovie Smith and the situation in Chicago seems more stable.

Agreed and that's what I was getting at in post #67. I don't buy that comment about handed the job as the actual reason. (Though I understand his point that it isn't a very strong selling point really. It indicates an indifference to performance and the development of players already there. What's to say they don't hand out the same promise to the next guy to come through the revolving door?) I took his comments about losing as closer to his true feelings. The Bears were in the Super Bowl not too long ago and now they have a franchise QB in Cutler, so that doesn't look like a bad situation at all. He has a history with Lovie Smith and the situation in Chicago seems more stable.

I think the comment about losing was mostly in relation to the Rams. The difference between going 9-7 and 7-9 and missing the playoffs in both cases is negligible. But I can see where believing that the Bears adding a seeming franchise QB (personally I think Cutler is overhyped, and he won't be throwing to the likes of Marshall, Royal, and Scheffler, much less have a genius OC like Shanahan) might mean more to him, as does the chance to play for a larger market and closer to home. In any case, I hope the Bills find someone better.