I think I got screwed over by a pool repair/service

There isn't a single reason to drain a properly installed fiberglass pool and if you do drain it and something happens, I'll all but guarantee that the warranty is voided.

He just puts new water in it every year. It is a smaller pool. Been in the ground almost 30 years, I think the warranty is long gone. :(:lol:

Like I said i am going to start doing it because there prices are crazy($220 for the opening & the closing). Just do not want the pipes bursting in the winter because I did not blow out the lines correctly.

I used a shop vac to blow out the pipes and cap them - piece of cake. I am in Rochester and they have never frozen in the ten years I have lived here. This year all I had to do was fill it, vacuum it out, toss in a couple bags of shock, and run the pool with 3" chlorine tabs. It has taken a few years to get it right and every year it gets a little easier.

Your main problem IMO was paying him before everything was working and clean. ;)

Start at about 10 (I think)

There is noticable water flow coming out of the pool "jets"

THen later up to about 25

Noticably less water flow coming out of the pool jets

I used to use a service for everything.

Have you taken apart the filter, and cleaned it thoughly? I was having a similar issue last season, and I had about 20 lbs of DE in my filter, even though I regularly backwash.

Start at about 10 (I think)

There is noticable water flow coming out of the pool "jets"

THen later up to about 25

Noticably less water flow coming out of the pool jets

Defineitely a filter problem. You shouldn't build up 15 additional PSI in a few hours. Yo're going to want ot have someone overhaul the filter insides . . . I think you said that the filter elements were recently cleaned, but there's something causing the pressure inside the filter to build rapidly and restrict the flow back to the pool. Gotta be an inside the fileter problem.

Defineitely a filter problem. You shouldn't build up 15 additional PSI in a few hours. Yo're going to want ot have someone overhaul the filter insides . . . I think you said that the filter elements were recently cleaned, but there's something causing the pressure inside the filter to build rapidly and restrict the flow back to the pool. Gotta be an inside the fileter problem.

I know nothing about pool filtering systems.

Do they have relief valves and bypass circuits for blockages? Fluid pressure regulators?

I read your previous post about a leak-down test - a good idea.

If a pool system uses a manufactured filter along with the sand and DE stuff, I'd be inclined to try a new one. I've seen filters in manufacturing processes, that looked good, but that were somehow damaged - chemically-active contaminants getting into the media and microscopically reducing porosity

I know nothing about pool filtering systems.

Do they have relief valves and bypass circuits for blockages? Fluid pressure regulators?

I read your previous post about a leak-down test - a good idea.

If a pool system uses a manufactured filter along with the sand and DE stuff, I'd be inclined to try a new one. I've seen filters in manufacturing processes, that looked good, but that were somehow damaged - chemically-active contaminants getting into the media and microscopically reducing porosity

'Rents had a similar-sounding problem -- in-ground pool, cartridge filters. Think they have to soak the cartridges in some sort of acid solution, and then they're OK for a while.

We both use Baquacil, FWIW. (Mine's just a little aboveground, 100-lb sand filter.)