corporate logos on NFL Uniforms?

I've seen the Packers and Texans plan to have corporate logos on their practice jerseys... NO!!! Don't open that Pandora's box or you'll end up like us in Europe with teams looking like Nascar cars! Team Colors are not for sale!! (yet most of pro teams have sold their stadium names... ;) )

Stadium names are one thing...you don't always have to see it and/or have it thrown in your face each time you watch an NFL game. I should've known this would be the next step.

But even so, what company these days is willing to "throw away" money like that?

I've seen the Packers and Texans plan to have corporate logos on their practice jerseys... NO!!! Don't open that Pandora's box or you'll end up like us in Europe with teams looking like Nascar cars! Team Colors are not for sale!! (yet most of pro teams have sold their stadium names... :wallbash: )

:ph34r:

Race car drivers...every square inch on their body is for sale. Somebody once commented that they probably have advertising tattooed on their di*ks.

I don't know - I see where Aon is paying Manchester United over $100MM a year to put their logo on the uniform....if it helps bring stability to small market teams - why not add to the revenue. One caveat - this should be owner revenue and not revenue eligible for revenue sharing. If it is sharing eligible - it will just further inflate player salaries which have gotten out of control anyway....

I don't know - I see where Aon is paying Manchester United over $100MM a year to put their logo on the uniform....if it helps bring stability to small market teams - why not add to the revenue. One caveat - this should be owner revenue and not revenue eligible for revenue sharing. If it is sharing eligible - it will just further inflate player salaries which have gotten out of control anyway....

Don't know how it could help small market teams, especially if it's "owner revenue" as the biggest market teams 'd sell that ad space at a higher price than the small market teams... It'd make the financial gap between teams even larger than it is.

personally everytime I see that AIG logo on a soccer jersey these days (I live in Bangkok so I see quite a few), it pisses me off.

Well as you live in Bangkok it's mainly bad copies of AIG logos that you see on bad copies of soccer jerseys! So is a fake logo of what is now a fake company, real or fake?

Practice jerseys? Who cares. I'd hope the Bills jump on that bandwagon to pick up a few bucks. You know the big money teams will.

Game day jerseys is another matter, entirely.

Excellent point - The Labatt Logo would go well....

Jet Blue, Labatt Blue, maybe Molson Stock (the original Blue) when they play in Canada. I really like Molson Stock Ale.

Jet Blue, Labatt Blue, maybe Molson Stock (the original Blue) when they play in Canada. I really like Molson Stock Ale.

We need the return of sandwich boards. At least then, unlike todays' logo garb and the free advertising, people got paid for prancing around hawking a product or service.