Brian Westbrook's Ankle Is Still Giving Him Trouble

H2o

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Sto...?STORY_ID=17834

I play fantasy football and I'm sure there are a # of you who do as well. Westbrook is still having problems with his ankle. The same ankle that was giving him problems last season. We are over 5 months removed from lsat season and it's still keeping him out of practices. Sounds like this is just another on the long list of issues this injury prone, but very productive when healthy, RB has had. Sounds like Lesean McCoy could be a good option this coming season.

I play fantasy football and I'm sure there are a # of you who do as well. Westbrook is still having problems with his ankle. The same ankle that was giving him problems last season. We are over 5 months removed from lsat season and it's still keeping him out of practices. Sounds like this is just another on the long list of issues this injury prone, but very productive when healthy, RB has had. Sounds like Lesean McCoy could be a good option this coming season.

Good information to store away, but we are a couple of months away still. Once camp starts in July, this could become a huge issue. Any RB the Eagles put behind this O-Line will have a great year. McNabb will be a great pick this year too.

The funny thing is, I always end up with a pretty decent draft position in my leagues, and for the past 3 years, Brian Westbrook has been available when it comes to my pick...and every year I pass on him. and every year he puts up stellar numbers...

sad thing is, this year, i'll probably pass on him again...

The funny thing is, I always end up with a pretty decent draft position in my leagues, and for the past 3 years, Brian Westbrook has been available when it comes to my pick...and every year I pass on him. and every year he puts up stellar numbers...

Funny...I've been in the same position and taken him each time. Injuries have always been a concern with WB and now that he's getting a little older, time make be taking its toll. RBs tend to fall off the cliff very quickly.

I'm one of those dumb/happy owners who usually drafts him ... sick numbers for the 13 games he plays and I love seeing his name on the injury report EVERY week and trying to guess if he will play.

I'm one of those dumb/happy owners who usually drafts him ... sick numbers for the 13 games he plays and I love seeing his name on the injury report EVERY week and trying to guess if he will play.

same here - he single-handedly won my semi-final playoff game, then single-handedly lost the championship game for me.

The best thing they can do is to leave Westy out of the OTAs, camp and in-season practices to keep him fresh...the guy knows how to play with a little pain, and has the potential to put up some huge numbers again this year.

same here - he single-handedly won my semi-final playoff game, then single-handedly lost the championship game for me.

The best thing they can do is to leave Westy out of the OTAs, camp and in-season practices to keep him fresh...the guy knows how to play with a little pain, and has the potential to put up some huge numbers again this year.

Hell, he rarely ever practices during the season, but posts sick numbers on game day ...

Westbrook's main problem was with his knee last year not his ankle...he had surgery on his knee 3 months ago

Westbrook's main problem was with his knee last year not his ankle...he had surgery on his knee 3 months ago

It said in the link that the ankle kept him out of the Pittsburgh game earlier in the '08 regular season. Same ankle, still problematic 9 months later ;)

It said in the link that the ankle kept him out of the Pittsburgh game earlier in the '08 regular season. Same ankle, still problematic 9 months later ;)

he injured his ankle during the second quarter of the Pittsburgh game and didnt return...he then didnt play the following week at Chicago but did play the week after against Washington

his left knee was the bigger issue and was assumed all year he would need surgery after the season but they didnt think he would need surgery on his ankle otherwise it most likely would have been done already just as the sugrery on the knee was done 3 months ago