another soccer reminder

Tonight at 10pm ET on ESPN2

Not as easy as it looks. Costa Rica has been very good on their home field (they play on artificial turf). Then again, the U.S. will have their A-list squad ready and they are no longer content to merely qualify. They want to impress and be the clear #1 team from CONCACAF.

After this one, team USA comes back home to play Honduras this Saturday (June 6) in Chicago. Then they head to S. Africa for the FIFA Confederations Cup, where they will play some tough competition (Italy 6/15, Brazil 6/18, Egypt 6/21).

USA has been the clear #1 team in CONCACAF for the last 10 years. That said I don't think US has ever done well in San Jose, Costa Rica.

The Confederations Cup is where I want to see the US impress. Mexico has no problems going to international competitions and winning big games. We on the other hand haven't been able to do so other than during the 2002 World Cup.

The team has enough talent to make a good run.

Is J. Altidorre expected to play tonight? I want to see him go apeshiit on Costa Rica baby!!!

U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!

Thanks for the reminder, Gringo!

As far as I know. He's on the roster. And after his hat trick in the T&T game, I'd say he deserves to be in there. :devil:

Rock on...I want to see these younger kids continue to mature and take over leadership on this team. I still wish we'd brought Klinsmann in, but oh well....I like how our future looks!

As far as I know. He's on the roster. And after his hat trick in the T&T game, I'd say he deserves to be in there. :devil:

He's coming off a toe injury and hasn't had any playing time in Spain lately. I don't think he starts or gets many minutes tonight. Hopefully he'll be okay for Saturday.

With Beasley moving to left back and Edu out with an injury, I'm remaining optomistic that we might see Freddy Adu B-) play the left flank. Most likely it'll be Torres or Kljesten, though.

Ok... I'm pumped now. MAKE IT TEN O'CLOCK ALREADY!

Just woke up....where's the game at???

Oh, NM....my listing said ESPN, but gringo had it right ;)

Dang, we're down by 2 goals?? Who's the keeper, Casey Keller??? lol

That was the worst half of play I have ever seen from this team! And that's saying a lot. Total crap. No team work whatsoever. Give some credit to Costa Rica, who is playing with 100% hustle and commitment. And class. They are making the U.S. look like sad scared little fools out there.

Holy crap, Gringo, I missed the first half but just saw the replays of the goals....giving one up after the first fuggin minute of the game to someone dribbling in between THREE defenders??? Last I checked, this wasn't Thierry Henry or Ronaldinho out there....there's no excuse for that.

This is the kind of performance that will have marginal/new soccer fans tuning in and saying, "wtf is all the excitement about"? They should be ashamed of themselves. Klinsmann would never have let this happen!!! ;)

Does Donovan ever LOOK before he crosses the ball?? I have yet to see them put a legit shot on goal....embarrassing.

How can Freddy Adu be "nowhere close to making the World Cup team", yet the minute the guy comes into the game we all of a sudden start seeing some semblance of passing and THINKING on offense. This is ridiculous. With the success of our U-20 team in their last WC, there should be the raw materials with which to build future success. Like PTS said, Bradley is not the guy to lead this team. There's just no excuse for us continuing to be middle of the pack on the world stage....we should be able to compete with the big boys, but it's just not happening.

That was humiliating. Unforgivable.

The effort was just heartless, soul-less, loveless and weak. I'm sick. I puke! Blecht!

I'm a Buffalo Bills fan. Haven't I suffered enough?

Is Marvell Wynne really the best we can do on that side? And Beasley on the other side? Give me a break.

This team is capable of so much better. Lack of preparation plus low energy performance equals failure. Again, I puke!

I apologize to anyone who watched this game as a result of me starting this thread. I am sorry.

Being an avid soccer player/fan, I believe that back when I was a Senior in High School that our team then could have beaten the national team that played today. They played with no desire, strikingly similar to the Bills... Imagine that...

Gringo...ajzepp...Who were those guys wearing the USA national team uniforms ?

Was that some junior high team ?

I watched the first half, then TiVOed the second, hoping that to watch

a turnaround early Thurs AM....

I nearly puked my coffee at the second half.

That defensive effort last night was offensive.

Frankie Heyduk (sp?) can't get healthy fast enough.

and Freddy needs to be playing more. Kid makes stuff happen.

Was it just me, or were the announcers saying that our second half SUBS were looking tired and winded? WTF? That's inexcusable in and of itself!

I hate the fact that Donovan got to take that PK at the end, too, cause the guy SUCKED (as usual!) and he didn't deserve it.

This team better have it's shiit together by Saturday.