Breaking Bad

Buftex

Anyone watch it? It was awesome... what a great show. The puzzle of the teddy bear in the pool was finaly solved, and the clues were riight there, every week... what a dark show. Walt White has to be the most "decent" evil character ever...

And people thought Bryan Cranstonwasn't that good of an actor.

I would have to put his work on Breaking Bad, right up there with James Gandolfini on the Sopranos. What a rich character...he can go from wuss, to cold blooded bastard, on a dime... and make you like him at the same time. The scene where the wife lays into him, was just so uncomfortable to watch. With each of his lies that she exposed, I found myself thinking "Jeez, I hope she doesn't know about my mother, I hope she doesn't know about the money...." That was some good televison. I loved the whole scene with Hank at the DEA office, trying to collect money for his sick brohter in law, holding up the picutre of Walt, in front of the "wanted" sign... I never really watched the X-Files, but Gillian (who was one of the main writers for that show) has me wanting to go back and watch those... only thing that sucks, is it is over for another year...we won't find out what happens to Walt for another year.

Let me ask, in the scene they kept showing week after week, of the workers cleaning out the debris from the swimming pool, they scoop the one eyed teddy bear out of the pool, and pile it with a bunch of other junk. I could swear Walts glasses are in the pile...could he have tried to fake his death at the crash sight? He is getting more cunning with each situation....

Anyone watch it? It was awesome... what a great show. The puzzle of the teddy bear in the pool was finaly solved, and the clues were riight there, every week... what a dark show. Walt White has to be the most "decent" evil character ever...

This is a tremendous show with top of the line acting. I always enjoyed Bryan Cranston on Malcolm in the Middle, but I enjoy him even more in Breaking Bad, acting in a polar opposite role. That Vince Gilligan had one heck of an epiphany when he thought of creating the show. My one complaint about Breaking Bad is the grief I feel for Walt episode after episode... each GD show, he encounters some new almost-impossible-to-solve problem that will surely catch up with him in the end.

Spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen the season finale yet:

So, the entire second season, they would, off and on again, have the teaser at the begining of the show, with the guys in the Hazmet uniforms, cleaning the debris out of the pool...all season, I was wondering what it would mean. When Walt was working on the house, I figured, in the season finale, the house would blow up, he would lose most of his money, and maybe someone from his family, that he "broke bad" for in the first place.  It seemed like every time Walt and Jesse would get a lot of cash, something real bad would happen, to make them lose a lot of it...but you know what?  The clues were right there in the titles of the episodes.  The first Hazmat teaser was called "Seven Forty Seven", which I assumed, while watching, was referring to the $747,000 Walt was saying he wanted to  make, before calling it quits on his life of crime.  The next episode which had a debris teaser was called "Down", the next "Over", and then the finale was called "ABQ"...so the encrypted message was "747 Down Over ABQ (Albequerque)"...pretty friggin' clever!