Marshawn bulked up a bit

Heitz

but but but you don't know what the blocking assignments were.......

I can't wait see his "probowl play" under the microscope this year.

It will very likely be pro bowl worthy. He is getting paid what he thinks hge deserves and will have a complete and full pre-season with his new team. Plus he will have greatly enhanced coaching. He will be the best LT in football. It is quite sad for us.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This discussion has gotten absurd. I think some posters here are sensitive about having their favorite player criticized.

Either that, or the short bus just let out on this topic. One ridiculous individual has suggested that I am unaware of how long five yards is. Another seems to believe online fansite BS is actually a legal trial, and that I document my opinion with evidence of each time Lynch has been in a footrace with DB. A third has reminded me that since I am not an NFL player, I should not be allowed to wonder why another athlete of a similar height and weight has much smaller strides, when as a former track coach I know that stride length is universally correlated with speed.

These are small opinions: that Lynch is known more as an inside runner than as a speedster, he seems to have shorter strides than most people, and he doesnt burn defensive backs with his raw footspeed. They are also not controversial. I dont think many people think of him as fast and elusive as Leon Washington or Marshall Faulk or Curtis Martin.

I hope Lynch turns into Earl Campbell now that he is heavier. I hope he will be the powerful goal line player we lacked last season, and still be fast enough to pick up yards off tackle.

This discussion has gotten absurd. I think some posters here are sensitive about having their favorite player criticized.

Either that, or the short bus just let out on this topic. One ridiculous individual has suggested that I am unaware of how long five yards is. Another seems to believe online fansite BS is actually a legal trial, and that I document my opinion with evidence of each time Lynch has been in a footrace with DB. A third has reminded me that since I am not an NFL player, I should not be allowed to wonder why another athlete of a similar height and weight has much smaller strides, when as a former track coach I know that stride length is universally correlated with speed.

These are small opinions: that Lynch is known more as an inside runner than as a speedster, he seems to have shorter strides than most people, and he doesnt burn defensive backs with his raw footspeed. They are also not controversial. I dont think many people think of him as fast and elusive as Leon Washington or Marshall Faulk or Curtis Martin.

I hope Lynch turns into Earl Campbell now that he is heavier. I hope he will be the powerful goal line player we lacked last season, and still be fast enough to pick up yards off tackle.

Nope, no legal trial here - this topic is not that important... However, if you are referring to my request for you to back up your statements with one single shred of evidence to support your claim, why are you are unable to do so? I provided a video that immediately contradicted your ridiculous claim that Lynch takes 4 strides to cover 5 yards. All I am saying is that if you are going to scrutinize and analyze a player's skill set, at least have the evidence to backup your statements. Otherwise, your unfounded claims portray you as the individual who is driving the short bus...

Once again, as a Bills reference, Lynch is faster than Henry, Willis and Thurman. He's not the fastest RB in football but has all the speed he needs. The argument is moot.

Db's often catch backs, except when they are blocked out of range.

I imagine only having the best RB in football is acceptable to some fans .

Pro Bowlers at every position baby!