The Dead Weather

Great news for rock-n-roll fans. One of the greatest minds in the industry is at it again.

Wiki.

The Dead Weather website.

Spin article

I've been a huge Jack White fan from the earliest days of The White Stripes through the Raconteurs. I think he is an incredibly talented musician and a creative genius. I'm looking forward to the July 14th release of Horehound.

If only there were more like him making music today. :blink:

Great news for rock-n-roll fans. One of the greatest minds in the industry is at it again.

Wiki.

Spin article

I've been a huge Jack White fan from the earliest days of The White Stripes through the Raconteurs. I think he is an incredibly talented musician and a creative genius. I'm looking forward to the July 14th release of Horehound.

Jack White's my hero. I haven't heard any Dead Weather yet, but I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Not that this is even close to his best work, but I've been addicted to this lately...

why doesn't he stick with one thing.....people get tired of the constant switching of gears...i have tried to listen to him, but it gets a bit too much after a while...

Wiki.

Spin article

Wiki.

Spin article

Jack White is/was a refreshing sound in rock music. Talent and creativity.Excellent combo.

why doesn't he stick with one thing.....people get tired of the constant switching of gears...i have tried to listen to him, but it gets a bit too much after a while...

Yeah, just like Eric Clapton should have stuck with one thing, right? :blink:

Great musicians transcend the bands that they play in.

i am not...he comes off as a prima donna, to me...started to get into the white stripes and all of a sudden it becomes raconteurs....loved the raconteurs...now i have to start listenting to Dead Weather???? I get bands having alter egos..i just posted about Foxboro Hot Tubs being the alter ego of Green Day...sometimes a band gets pigeon holed into a certain style, sound...etc...and they use these alter ego's to put out something different...See XTC and Duke's of the Stratosphere...I get all that...but come on...Jack White changes bands almost as often as he changes underwear...that act wears thin on people trying to listen to his stuff...at least it does for me....

I seriously can't tell if you're joking. Hope not.

yeah exactly like that....a 40 year old career with some diversions compared to a 12 year career with 3 incantations...so far.... :unsure:

Yeah, just like Eric Clapton should have stuck with one thing, right? :blink:

Great musicians transcend the bands that they play in.

Jack White's my hero. I haven't heard any Dead Weather yet, but I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Not that this is even close to his best work, but I've been addicted to this lately...

Thanx for that link, that's actually one that got by me. Do you have any recommendations of newer music that I (being a big WS fan) might like?

yeah exactly like that....a 40 year old career with some diversions compared to a 12 year career with 3 incantations...so far.... :blink:

Hey, it's not as if the White Stripes and Raconteurs are dead or anything like that. The White Stripes released Icky Thump in 2007 and have another one coming out later in 2009.

The Raconteurs pushed out Consolers of the Lonely just last year. He's been overlapping the two bands and he's clearly capable of adding a third...why shouldn't he? If you like Jack but don't want to listen to The Dead Weather, pop in one of his other albums, I don't see the cause for displeasure here.

Besides, don't you get the feeling that The Dead Weather is just a side project that will last a couple of years? It's a supergroup amalgam, an experiment consisting of 4 members that all have allegiances to other bands. Not generally the kind of thing that lasts, unless they hit it huge. The point is, he's not abandoning The White Stripes if that's your concern.

And I wasn't trying to equate him with Clapton, that'd be ridiculous. My point was that Clapton dabbled in a myriad of other groups and never lost his essential sound. Neither will Jack.

like i said, i am trying to like him...and i do like his stuff, but i really wish he would stick to one thing....i am all about side projects. just my humble opinion

Hey, it's not as if the White Stripes and Raconteurs are dead or anything like that. The White Stripes released Icky Thump in 2007 and have another one coming out later in 2009.

The Raconteurs pushed out Consolers of the Lonely just last year. He's been overlapping the two bands and he's clearly capable of adding a third...why shouldn't he? If you like Jack but don't want to listen to The Dead Weather, pop in one of his other albums, I don't see the cause for displeasure here.

Besides, don't you get the feeling that The Dead Weather is just a side project that will last a couple of years? It's a supergroup amalgam, an experiment consisting of 4 members that all have allegiances to other bands. Not generally the kind of thing that lasts, unless they hit it huge. The point is, he's not abandoning The White Stripes if that's your concern.

And I wasn't trying to equate him with Clapton, that'd be ridiculous. My point was that Clapton dabbled in a myriad of other groups and never lost his essential sound. Neither will Jack.

Thanx for that link, that's actually one that got by me. Do you have any recommendations of newer music that I (being a big WS fan) might like?

I love the Jack White love on this thread!

I'm a huge fan and am glad to see some Wallers also appreciate his immense talent.

If you like Jack White, why not start by listening to some of the bands/singers he likes and collaborates with?

Brandan Benson

like i said, i am trying to like him...and i do like his stuff, but i really wish he would stick to one thing....i am all about side projects. just my humble opinion

If you like the music, what difference does it make if one guy changes bands?

You do realize that Meg White has serious anxiety issues that forced them to suspend their tour schedule? Despite that fact, I really don't understand your hangup. Many musicians have more than one project and I'm not sure why exploring your range of talents would be considered a negative. A rose by any other name . . .

Let's hope he stops acting and for God-sake let's pray he doesn't have literary talent.

But each has been very different. While the White Stripes have a very retro, garage sound, the Raconteurs are a mix of rock, blues, and even country.

While Broken Boy Soldiers was good, try listening to their second album, Consolers of the Lonely. I can honestly say that it is one of only a handful of albums that I can listen to from start to finish. Actually, probably my favorite album right now. It just doesn't get old.