Just saw on NFL Network....

:w00t:

For what it's worth, the report I saw acknowledged he simply confirmed what most already knew/assumed, that Romo and Garrett are two of the main reasons he is gone. It isn't as if he brought this up, for the first time.

The question was asked, "Why would Romo want to get rid of TO?" A good question when you consider TO played a HUGE part in Romo's early success as a starting QB. Well, sometimes it is just time for things to end/change. The Boys weren't progressing, and TO can be a giant pain-in-the-ass. He may be a PITA that can make plays, but when things aren't going well, most people find the PITA even more annoying than usual. If Dallas had made the playoffs, and done well, you wouldn't have seen TO available, and Romo would be singing his praises.

To assume that TO is no longer a good player, or can't help a team win, simply because the Cowboys got rid of him, is flawed logic. Belicheat was fired, Shanahan was fired, James Harrison was let go on more than one occasion, etc.

I'd agree, as usual, with much of your assessment. To further Mr Weo's question, I'd also suggest that a change was needed in Dallas. For all their moves, all their big name players, all their hype, all their greatness, they weren't making the playoffs. so changes had to be made.

I've been watching the Cowboys training camp show on NFL Network (that's how bad I jones for football this time of year) and, of course this is strictly my opinion and not based in any way on facts or insider information, Romo's opinion seems highly regarded. They often show him on the sideline with Jones and Wade talking about this player or that. Add to that, he and Whitten are obviously much better friends and, well, I can only surmise that it wouldn't take too many comments by TO or dropped passes before Romo starts suggesting that a change is in order.

Personally, I've never been sold on Romo. He often makes some of the worst decisions, ala Favre, but at the worst times. But, Jones seems to love the guy. So, if you're Jones, who do you move? Your productive TE that Romo loves. Your recently acquired WR (Williams) that came at a high price, or the guy that runs his mouth and Romo doesn't get along so well with. I'd guess its a fairly easy decision.

Interestingly, I was watching the week 11 games on NFL Network yesterday, while doing a few other things and they had the Cowboys/Redskins game on. Most of TOs dropped passes were pretty poorly thrown passes by Romo. Granted Romo had just recently hurt his pinky (it was bandaged). Also they had a number of Jauronesque plays for TO - a WR double reverse and several WR screens (with no one out there to block or run off the DB). All of which went for little positive yards. With game plans like that and poor passes, I could see TO getting pissed and letting his QB and OC know it which would further fuel the fires of discontent.

I think it'll be interesting to see how the Bills incorporate TO into the offense, as well as, how he and the team handles it when/if it's WR double reverses, bad screen passes, and fly patterns 50 yards down the field while Trent is dumping off to RBs.

Well played sir....That being said I don't have a problem with a player on the Bills that isn't happy-go-lucky all the time and isn't afraid to state his opinion.

So, I assume you weren't one of those sharpening your knife, and getting his torch ready when Willis McaGahee spilled the beans that there wasn't a lot to do in Buffalo?

So, I assume you weren't one of those sharpening your knife, and getting his torch ready when Willis McaGahee spilled the beans that there wasn't a lot to do in Buffalo?

the difference (i hope) is that TO gives his all every play and actually produces good numbers on the field.

You're right, more nice high-road guys like Chris Kelsay, that is what we need.

exactly. I want 'high motor' guys that contribute to the dead locker room atmosphere jim kelly was talking about lately.

anyone who's playing on a sports team knows you need a good balance - guys who are the goof ball/pranksters to keep it loose, guys who are the consummate hard workers and are quite and steady, and guys who are vocal leaders that can call out a teammates productivity or lack there of. we do NOT have the latter type from what it sounds like, and i'm glad TO has the balls and numbers to do it. we haven't had a player like that since moulds, spikes and fletcher. sure TO isn't the preacher type fletcher is, but ill take a successful guy to help call out other people!

What do you mean nothing to do! There's:

Ice fishing

Ice hockey

Ice racing

Ice sculpture contests

Snowman building contests

Snowmobile racing

Snow blower duels with the neighbors

And then when summer's over you can focus on winter activities (same as above)

What do you mean nothing to do! There's:

Ice fishing

Ice hockey

Ice racing

Ice sculpture contests

Snowman building contests

Snowmobile racing

Snow blower duels with the neighbors

And then when summer's over you can focus on winter activities (same as above)

Buffalo has as nice weather in the Summer as you will find ANYWHERE in the Country.......................IDIOT.

Spilled the beans? If McGoofy got out he could have found plenty to do in Buffalo, & the food in Buffalo is the thing I miss MOST about the City. TO has never said anything bad about any City he has been in. His comments are strictly business, nothing personal (except for the Garcia thing) about players & coaches on teams when they are losing. I look forward to it like Kelly, if TO calls out people in Buffalo.

Mid May to Mid September smartass. Where do you live? I would bet the weather is BETTER in Buffalo. I know it is better than where I live in SW Fla. & the weather is better here than ANYWHERE else in the South.

I'm not far from Charlotte. We have 2 seasons around here, the Hot & Humid season and the week of Christmas. Chill out dude, it's only humor. :w00t:

Spilled the beans? If McGoofy got out he could have found plenty to do in Buffalo, & the food in Buffalo is the thing I miss MOST about the City. TO has never said anything bad about any City he has been in. His comments are strictly business, nothing personal (except for the Garcia thing) about players & coaches on teams when they are losing. I look forward to it like Kelly, if TO calls out people in Buffalo.

Uh...sorry, I was being sarcastic. Just pointing out that people on this board, and, I assume, others out there, make a big deal about anything an athlete says. Terrell Owens should know this as well as anyone. If he truly feels that most of his problems have been instigated by the media blowing what he says, out of proportion, he would simply stop providing them with so much material to work with. I honestly don't believe that Owens will speak up in Buffalo, because, it sounds, like he is on some sort of self-promotional image rehab tour. If he makes a nuisance out of himself in WNY, than the Bills will be his last NFL team. IMO, the Bills are just bit players in TO's plan...kind of like the red-shirt that gets killed in every Star Trek episode...

Uh...sorry, I was being sarcastic. Just pointing out that people on this board, and, I assume, others out there, make a big deal about anything an athlete says. Terrell Owens should know this as well as anyone. If he truly feels that most of his problems have been instigated by the media blowing what he says, out of proportion, he would simply stop providing them with so much material to work with. I honestly don't believe that Owens will speak up in Buffalo, because, it sounds, like he is on some sort of self-promotional image rehab tour. If he makes a nuisance out of himself in WNY, than the Bills will be his last NFL team. IMO, the Bills are just bit players in TO's plan...kind of like the red-shirt that gets killed in every Star Trek episode...

Yeah, I agree...................... here's hoping Buffalo is TO's last team............................& he plays for another 3-4 years. :pirate:

Just a sign of whats to come for Buffalo. After Owens runs out of people outside of the organization to throw under the bus, his teammates will come next. Hope Trent Edwards doesn't mind gravel burns, we all know he will be the first one under the bus. The question isn't whether or not it is going to happen, just when.

Just a sign of whats to come for Buffalo. After Owens runs out of people outside of the organization to throw under the bus, his teammates will come next. Hope Trent Edwards doesn't mind gravel burns, we all know he will be the first one under the bus. The question isn't whether or not it is going to happen, just when.

It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "I got Buffalo'd".