2-9. 0-8 in the Big 10.

Lori

My sister, who is a senior associate director at the PSU Health Center and oversees the first aid station at the stadium, told me that there were a lot of drunks there. More than usual.....

I guess she also heard that the students were only going to follow the game when PSU defense is on the field and read the paper when the offense takes over.

JoePa is not letting Galen Hall run the offense, WHY?

I've heard some rumors on the JoePa front, but nothing substantiated. A guy I know has a son who starts on the PSU offensive line and he overheard some stuff. Yeah, whatever. All I know is that the defense is as good as any team in the nation while the rest of the team reeks. Damn.

I've heard some rumors on the JoePa front, but nothing substantiated.  A guy I know has a son who starts on the PSU offensive line and he overheard some stuff.  Yeah, whatever.  All I know is that the defense is as good as any team in the nation while the rest of the team reeks.  Damn.

105564[/snapback]

Kind of sounds like the Bills for the most part this season dosent it?!?! :D

Northwestern.

Wait -- let me repeat that. Northwestern. At HOME.

This team stinks. I got nuthin' else.

104877[/snapback]

Northwestern beat Ohio St. also. Thanks for making me feel bad. :D

Joe Pa needs to go. What a shame. Like the Buckeyes, it's all Defense and no Offense. I followed Penn St. during the pre-Big 10 games. No way in hell should this program be this bad. The lack of recruiting success is killing this team. The Admin needs to confront him after the season is concluded. He'll be 78 next year and can't get the players to come to Penn St. anymore. Legend status be damned. He's tarnished it enough the last few years just by being stubborn to step aside. The school doesn't deserve to sink with him.

Northwestern beat Ohio St. also. Thanks for making me feel bad.  :D

Joe Pa needs to go. What a shame. Like the Buckeyes, it's all Defense and no Offense. I followed Penn St. during the pre-Big 10 games. No way in hell should this program be this bad. The lack of recruiting success is killing this team. The Admin needs to confront him after the season is concluded. He'll be 78 next year and can't get the players to come to Penn St. anymore. Legend status be damned. He's tarnished it enough the last few years just by being stubborn to step aside. The school doesn't deserve to sink with him.

108308[/snapback]

Recruiting isn't the entire answer, Mark -- PSU signed four HS All-Americans last fall, five if you count Anthony Morelli. It's what happens to them after they get to State College that befuddles me. Remember what Zack Mills looked like his freshman year? We thought he might turn out to be one of the all-time greats at PSU; instead, he seems to regress more each season. Ditto for many of the other blue-chippers who disappear off the radar after a year or two at PSU.

We sign all-state WRs, and they can't catch a cold. HS All-American d-linemen end up as mediocre OL backups. You're right, this team should be better than it is. Makes me wonder what the heck they do in practice -- because whatever it is, it ain't working......

P.S. - Hey Gavin, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

:(

(Of course, last weekend was the only week of the year I could actually cheer FOR Syracuse; any day Pitt loses is a good day. Even though those Halloween uniforms the 'Cuse were wearing made that more difficult....)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.