Assuming Pisa Tinoisamoa is 1-2 plays better per game than Ellison why

Why not indeed. Assuming the Internet rumors posted on TSW are correct :lol: , the Bills offered him a contract when he was here. Supposedly, he'll weigh the interest from the Bears and Eagles and make his decision next week.

1-2 plays a game is all that separates good from average players. That's why it's so funny when people say "so and so is 95% of himself but better than our other options"...

Actually 95% of someone at that level makes them like everyone else.

Can't blame the guy for looking at all of his options...Even if he really likes it in Buffalo, he should still see what other clubs are offering...I'm not sure if he walked out of Buffalo with an offer or not...I'm not going to say that by getting him our defense will be better or not, but if the Bills feel he could be an upgrade, then I'm all for him becoming a Bill.

I dont have any doubt he would be better than Ellison, and picking him up would give us much needed depth, have Ellison as a backup. But, he is asking for money that would pay him with the top LB's in the NFL, and he isn't in that elite group.

I dont have any doubt he would be better than Ellison, and picking him up would give us much needed depth, have Ellison as a backup. But, he is asking for money that would pay him with the top LB's in the NFL, and he isn't in that elite group.

A couple of million per year is "top money?" Highly doubtful...

Can't blame the guy for looking at all of his options...Even if he really likes it in Buffalo, he should still see what other clubs are offering...I'm not sure if he walked out of Buffalo with an offer or not...I'm not going to say that by getting him our defense will be better or not, but if the Bills feel he could be an upgrade, then I'm all for him becoming a Bill.

Wow...way to take a stand on this!

John Clayton is 1-2 plays better than Ellison. Why sign a player that's only 1-2 plays better when you really need a LB that is 30 plays better?

yup. that is correct. good luck convincing that to all these bills fans who are 'sign anyone you can' hungry. he is not even worth the 3 million he was due to receive with the Rams based on his difference making ability.

that is why he was REALLY cut from the Rams. not the whole "he is not big enough for our system" crap. of course the rams and his agent are going to play the P.C. game, that is how business works.

does everyone really think the the Rams brass was going to come out and say, "well, he just wasnt playing up to the 3 mill we are about to pay him. so he has to go". hardly ever do teams say what they mean.........

it would be nice to have him-but he is an upgrade, NOT a savior

yup. that is correct. good luck convincing that to all these bills fans who are 'sign anyone you can' hungry. he is not even worth the 3 million he was due to receive with the Rams based on his difference making ability.

that is why he was REALLY cut from the Rams. not the whole "he is not big enough for our system" crap. of course the rams and his agent are going to play the P.C. game, that is how business works.

does everyone really think the the Rams brass was going to come out and say, "well, he just wasnt playing up to the 3 mill we are about to pay him. so he has to go". hardly ever do teams say what they mean.........

It's a combination of both. I don't doubt they wanted to get bigger at LB. But couple that with the fact they were up against the cap and it's a reasonable football and business decision. Sometimes 1+1 does equal 2.

it would be nice to have him-but he is an upgrade, NOT a savior

You don't need elite players to win - just ask the Patriots. He's not a savior, but adding 1-2 plays per game over Ellison could make a pretty dramatic difference over the course of a season. It's a game of inches - it's the subtle differences that makes or breaks a season. Don't pay the guy pro-bowl money, but offer him a moderate salary with incentives and let him win the job. The Bills are probably the best place for this guy to step in and start right away - so there should be some mutual interest.

Money may be the issue, and it's not just a simple matter of cheapness. Contracts have a way of rippling their way through a team. Just look at what Dockery and Walker's FA contracts did to Jason Peters. If Pisa is asking for a lot of money and the Bills pay him, you risk other Bills players becoming disgruntled and wanting new deals, and so on and so on. The answer isn't always "just pay the man." It's easy for us to say because a) it's not our money and b) we don't run this team so our opinions don't turn around and bite us in the a$$.

PTR