Tinoisamoa visiting the Bears

Take this FWIW, but someone on the BB.com MB said that PT has 3-1 year cheap deals so far, and a 3-year higher offer (but not as much as he wanted) offer from the Bills. And the other offers are for a chance to compete, while the Bills are giving him the starting spot. However PT wants to be as close to home (San Diego) as possible and is waiting for a team closer to home to give him an offer. In Chicago, he'd have to compete for the job, so I can't see them giving him a huge offer. I don't know about the Eagles' situation.

Again, take it FWIW. But it makes sense.

He could fly non-stop from Chicago's O'hare to SD anytime in a ~2 hour flight versus ~7 hours out of Buffalo. I see him signing with them, see shortest flight below from Buffalo & where it cuts through / time.

Leave

Tue, Oct 13 American Airlines 4122

operated by American Eagle

Depart: 7:25am

Arrive: 8:10am Buffalo, NY (BUF)

Chicago, IL (ORD)

1 stop Economy 1hr 45min Embraer RJ145 View seats

Change planes. Time between flights: 0hr 50min

American Airlines 1539

Depart: 9:00am

Arrive: 11:15am Chicago, IL (ORD)

San Diego, CA (SAN)

Economy 4hr 15min Boeing Douglas MD-83 View seats

Total duration: 6hr 50min

I'm equally puzzled here. One cannot deny the Bills have all but said they would like to upgrade that position, and there were a number of Tampa 2 LBers early in free agency that all disappeared, except Brooks; and then, out of nowhere, Tinoisomoa was released and would have been, initially, at the top of the list for this scheme... I, too, have been frustrated at how, over the last several years, the Bills have let other teams sign the guys they've targeted. They have the cap space. If it were less frequent, I might think that all these guys were asking for too much, or that they were overhyped, but when it happens this many times, it seems to come down to one of either two reasons: they don't want to spend market value on a guy, and would rather take a lesser athlete at the lesser cost, or, they are waiting for someone else. It can't be that they are satisfied with who they have - (as one might say of the DT position, since they haven't been serious about free agents or draft prospects), but in this position they've all but said they aren't satisfied with what they've got. I hope the F.O. wants to win a championship as much as we, the fans, would like them to, and that all this doesn't merely come down to being cheap.

He could fly non-stop from Chicago's O'hare to SD anytime, 2.5 hour flight. I see him signing with them.

If being as close to home is his main goal, like that poster said it was, he probably will sign with them.

Take this FWIW, but someone on the BB.com MB said that PT has 3-1 year cheap deals so far, and a 3-year higher offer (but not as much as he wanted) offer from the Bills. And the other offers are for a chance to compete, while the Bills are giving him the starting spot. However PT wants to be as close to home (San Diego) as possible and is waiting for a team closer to home to give him an offer. In Chicago, he'd have to compete for the job, so I can't see them giving him a huge offer. I don't know about the Eagles' situation.

Well, at least Buffalo is closer to SD than philly is, technically :thumbsup:

LOL :thumbsup:

The Bills should stop paying their own staff and just listen to various fan boards whether they should sign / cut / pay players. I'd say same thing about calls in game but there is no way Bills can react as fast as opnion on boards game days.

Why do people get their panties in such a twist because he's visiting another team? PT is obviously making the rounds and evaluating where he'd like to play, which is logical for a vested vet.

If he's looking to play a lot, he'd get more snaps in Buffalo than Chicago, since Briggs and Urlacher stay on the field in nickle situations. If he's looking strictly for $$$, then let him go...

Philly has a non-stop flight but it still takes 6 hours to get there:

Leave

Tue, Oct 13 United Airlines 2337

operated by US Airways -- US 1147

Depart: 5:55pm

Arrive: 8:51pm Philadelphia, PA (PHL)

San Diego, CA (SAN)

Non-stop Economy 5hr 56min Airbus A321 View seats

Buffalo ~7 hours / Philly ~6 hours / Chicago ~2 hours.

the Bills gave him the ol' "Dont call us, we'll call you" waiting game crap that they've pulled for years.

Do you know that for a fact?

My guess is PT probably told the Bills he was going to explore all his options and would make a decision after he visited a few teams. Every guy who doesn't sign immediately isn't necessarily the result of FO bungling.

Why do people get their panties in such a twist because he's visiting another team? PT is obviously making the rounds and evaluating where he'd like to play, which is logical for a vested vet.

If he's looking to play a lot, he'd get more snaps in Buffalo than Chicago, since Briggs and Urlacher stay on the field in nickle situations. If he's looking strictly for $$$, then let him go...

thank you

Philadelphia is the 6th largest city in the United States. Buffalo is the 46th largest and shrinking. Philly has direct flights to all west coast cities. Buffalo has very few. Most flights from Buffalo to California route through NYC. For all intents and purposes, Philly is closer to San Diego than Buffalo.

Yes, the reaction on this thread has been overreaction. Let's see what happens before we assemble a group to egg and toilet paper Russ Brandon's house.

I bet the Bills are in a strong position in terms of offering an unequivocal starting job, and the money that would go with it. We'll see soon enough.

LOL :thumbsup:

The Bills should stop paying their own staff and just listen to various fan boards whether they should sign / cut / pay players. I'd say same thing about calls in game but there is no way Bills can react as fast as opnion on boards game days.

If their win loss record over the last 10 years is any indication then maybe they haven't been paying anyone on their own staff.

Sounds like the Bryant Johnson situation all over again. If the above is true, then it's totally in Pisa's hands at this point and if he chooses to roll the dice and take a one year deal, then you can't really blame the FO on this one. For Pisa, he would be well served to look into how that strategy paid off for Johnson.