Tinoisamoa visiting the Bears

The Bears will host free agent LB Pisa Tinoisamoa on Wednesday.

Coach Lovie Smith coordinated St. Louis' defense during Tinoisamoa's early years there. Pisa mostly played on the weak side for the Rams, but would compete at SAM 'backer in Chicago. He's on the small side for that position.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

I guess K.C. Joyner was right, and the Bills didn't feel like he was an upgrade.

Ugh...I mean seriously...UGH!

Why cant we bring in ANYONE to friggin compete with Ellison? The Bills just seem content to allow this huge hole remain on the Defense when they could easily fill with a young, talented LB.

Our loss is the Bears gain.

Ugh...I mean seriously...UGH!

Why cant we bring in ANYONE to friggin compete with Ellison? The Bills just seem content to allow this huge hole remain on the Defense when they could easily fill with a young, talented LB.

Our loss is the Bears gain.

I agree. Why do they keep bringing these LBs in if they aren't going to sign someone? Any of the 3 LBs that have visited would be an upgrade imo.

Not so fast......... PT reportedly want to start. The Bills might still be his best chance to do that in a Tampa 2 if he ends up in a three-way competition in Chicago.......

per PFT

"If he’s signed by Chicago, Tinoisamoa would reportedly join a competition with linebackers Hunter Hillenmeyer and Nick Roach."

I agree. Why do they keep bringing these LBs in if they aren't going to sign someone? Any of the 3 LBs that have visited would be an upgrade imo.

Truly boggles my mind. Clearly they are interested in upgrading their OLB spot, otherwise they wouldnt have flown in these guys for a look. Knowing the Bills, they'll sign Jamie Winborn since he was the only OLB they brought in who hasnt signed with another team yet.

Not so fast......... PT reportedly want to start. The Bills might still be his best chance to do that in a Tampa 2 if he ends up in a three-way competition in Chicago.......

per PFT

"If he’s signed by Chicago, Tinoisamoa would reportedly join a competition with linebackers Hunter Hillenmeyer and Nick Roach."

He'll be a Bear by tomorrow night.

They're going to...you know...actually offer a decent contract and get their man. Most teams dont follow the Bills philosophy of "Well...we'll look at you, but dont you dare ask about money!" approach to free agency.

He'll be a Bear by tomorrow night.

They're going to...you know...actually offer a decent contract and get their man. Most teams dont follow the Bills philosophy of "Well...we'll look at you, but dont you dare ask about money!" approach to free agency.

How do you know he didn't want $10 Million a year for a long time with a huge guarantee?

How do you know he didn't want $10 Million a year for a long time with a huge guarantee?

Because he's simply not an idiot.

The Bears will give him a fairly reasonable contract offer. I'm going to guess 3.5 million a year for 3 years. He'll take it, and the Bills will sit there and do nothing except try and pimp out Ellison on us for another year.

The Bills screwed up big time on this one. This was a linebacker who fit the scheme, was excited to play for us, and the Bills gave him the ol' "Dont call us, we'll call you" waiting game crap that they've pulled for years.

I'm very excited for this upcoming season, but this is the type of stuff that just infuriates me. Perfect situation and the Bills walk away.

Oh hey, but dont worry...the Bills signed Pat Thomas. Problem solved.

Because he's simply not an idiot.

The Bears will give him a fairly reasonable contract offer. I'm going to guess 3.5 million a year for 3 years. He'll take it, and the Bills will sit there and do nothing except try and pimp out Ellison on us for another year.

The Bills screwed up big time on this one. This was a linebacker who fit the scheme, was excited to play for us, and the Bills gave him the ol' "Dont call us, we'll call you" waiting game crap that they've pulled for years.

I'm very excited for this upcoming season, but this is the type of stuff that just infuriates me. Perfect situation and the Bills walk away.

Oh hey, but dont worry...the Bills signed Pat Thomas. Problem solved.

Let me ask you this, why would the Bills sign a guy for $3.5 million-per if they only view him as a stop-gap solution? I could see them doing it if they thought he would be a long term starter, but what if they are planning on spending a high draft pick next year on an OLB, or aggressively going after one in 2010 FA?

So Pisa is going to choose between the Eagles, the Bears and the Bills? Yikes.

The Eagles will offer him a legitimate chance to win the Superbowl this year.

The Bears will offer him the most money and a chance to play under his old coach.

The Bills will offer him a 5% discount coupon at Tops.

Who says he will be an upgrade? The Bills brought him in and maybe made an offer, maybe Pisa decided to keep looking to see if he can get something better. Maybe he didn't feel he was a fit for the Bills, or maybe the Bills didn't think a guy who got cut by the Rams was an improvement over what they have. The grass isn't always greener on the other side

Maybe they are waiting on the June 1st cuts?

:thumbsup:

Don't know if you're kidding or not. I believe the June 1st date completely lost its relevance about two years ago. This is because (I think) the NFL changed the rule which allowed post June 1st cuts to have the remainder of the accelerated portion of their signing bonuses amortized over two years instead of one. So there's no longer a cap benefit for waiting until June 1st to cut players.

Let me ask you this, why would the Bills sign a guy for $3.5 million-per if they only view him as a stop-gap solution? I could see them doing it if they thought he would be a long term starter, but what if they are planning on spending a high draft pick next year on an OLB, or aggressively going after one in 2010 FA?

If the Bills view a 27 year old OLB who led his team in tackles for 4 years, fits their scheme perfectly, has outstanding character and is just entering his prime as a "stop-gap" solution, than this team has lost it's collective mind. Why would the Bills wait until next year to draft an OLB when they have the option of signing a young, solid OLB right now? Pisa has already shown he can play the scheme very well, why trust that to the crap shoot that is the NFL Draft?

The Bills screwed the pooch on this one by letting Pisa out of town, plain and simple.

Take this FWIW, but someone on the BB.com MB said that PT has 3-1 year cheap deals so far, and a 3-year higher offer (but not as much as he wanted) offer from the Bills. And the other offers are for a chance to compete, while the Bills are giving him the starting spot. However PT wants to be as close to home (San Diego) as possible and is waiting for a team closer to home to give him an offer. In Chicago, he'd have to compete for the job, so I can't see them giving him a huge offer. I don't know about the Eagles' situation.

Again, take it FWIW. But it makes sense.