Liking what Evans and Owens are saying

I was worried when the Bills signed T.O. that - although he is a great reciever - he'd negatively affect our offense simply because Trent would think, or be told, to throw to T.O., even if he wasn't open, or if there were a better option. That would lead to the same kind of problems we had last year with Evans. Certainly Trent will feel compelled to look T.O.'s way, but both Evans and Owens, when asked about the #1 reciever position, said that it isn't about being considered #1, it's about taking advantage of opportunities created by their both being on the field. We'll have to wait and see, but that is a good sign that they are both looking at things in a team oriented way. I think, and hope, it will be as Evans said - they'll each have their games as the top dog.

We'll have to wait and see I guess. I personally think that Lee Evens will blow-up this year. He has TO to light a fire under his ass, and will benefit from the opposing secondary having to actually defend the other side of the field!!!

Trent throws for 4000 yards?????

man would that be great

I was worried when the Bills signed T.O. that - although he is a great reciever - he'd negatively affect our offense simply because Trent would think, or be told, to throw to T.O., even if he wasn't open, or if there were a better option. That would lead to the same kind of problems we had last year with Evans. Certainly Trent will feel compelled to look T.O.'s way, but both Evans and Owens, when asked about the #1 reciever position, said that it isn't about being considered #1, it's about taking advantage of opportunities created by their both being on the field. We'll have to wait and see, but that is a good sign that they are both looking at things in a team oriented way. I think, and hope, it will be as Evans said - they'll each have their games as the top dog.

First let me say i can not understand how you would even think Trent would throw the ball to guy whos not even open, Trent throws safe passes only. Owens will always be the primary target becuase he IS the #1 receiver on this team when Trent is in his check down and finds Lee open he will recieve the ball otherwise looke for the usual suspects REED/RBS recieving the ball from Trent.

First let me say i can not understand how you would even think Trent would throw the ball to guy whos not even open, Trent throws safe passes only. Owens will always be the primary target becuase he IS the #1 receiver on this team when Trent is in his check down and finds Lee open he will recieve the ball otherwise looke for the usual suspects REED/RBS recieving the ball from Trent.

This is sadly true. I like Trent Edwards, and think he could be a really good QB in this league, but he needs to grow a pair and start taking chances on guys that are covered.

Evans doesn't need to proclaim "#1" status because he got paid last year. He just wants to play for a winner. Similarly, TO has no interest in the "#1" label because he has a one-year deal and he's playing for his last big contract -- likely somewhere other than in Buffalo.

It's a non-issue.