Day 2 OTA highlights

I like the fact that some of the deeper players are getting into the action. I am really looking forward to seing LE, TO, Nelson and Stevie on the fild at the same time!!!!!! Great size and speed..

I'm liking the attitude from Maybin. I also like the intensity. Team thinking is for the season. In the off-season and camp, it's about offense vs. defense and you go after them with everything until the season starts.

Edit: We are worried about our O tackles right? The best way to sort that out is to have Maybin take a run at each of them, over and over, and see who does what. We need to have the eventual starters at O tackle separate themselves from the rest of the group, consistently. Containing Maybin and Schobel is a great way to do that. And, those two DEs are as good as anybody else we are going to see all season, so it's a good benchmark for us as well.

Hmmm....reading between the lines here, I thought Byrd is ideally supposed to be plugged in at free safety, but he's not even ahead of Dustin Fox yet for 2nd team spot? I woulda thought they'd push him and put him on the 2nd team just to get reps if they were at all serious about him maybe starting this year....

Hmmm....reading between the lines here, I thought Byrd is ideally supposed to be plugged in at free safety, but he's not even ahead of Dustin Fox yet for 2nd team spot? I woulda thought they'd push him and put him on the 2nd team just to get reps if they were at all serious about him maybe starting this year....

Byrd is still at school, per NFL rules.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1...36-ee90886a2855

It’s happened before and as long as the league rule is in place it will continue to happen when OTAs begin for the Bills later today and for other NFL teams. Buffalo’s second-round draft choice Jairus Byrd will miss all of the team’s OTAs due to the final exam schedule at his university.

Byrd is not at the OTA becasue he is still at Oregon St taking exams. :thumbdown:

He cannot practice with the bills until training camp due to his schools final exam schedule

I wonder where Parrish was? Is he mad too because the bills tried to trade him?

Most Hurricane alumni work out at UM during OTAs rather than report to their team. Its a school thing

Most Hurricane alumni work out at UM during OTAs rather than report to their team. Its a school thing

in the past Parrish has not taken part in the UM workouts, he has always been with the team. It was McGahee that always worked out down there with those guys.