Negative Buffalo Article from the Dunkirk observer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how many people actually showed up to the airport on Sunday. It's ridiculous, he's just a football player, he's not some savior sent down from the heavens to save the city. I think it made Buffalo look like a bunch of idiots.

I thought the article was kind of funny. I mean come on, people waiting up on a sunday night to see TO come in. A grown man dressed up in a popcorn box. The one guy saying this is the best thing that has happened to buffalo since the invention of the chicken wing. Even Owens said he had no idea why he was getting the key to the city. It is a little over the top & it really does make us look like a city full of losers. Maybe we deserve to get mocked out after pulling crap like this. Like someone in a previous post said, "act like you have been there before".

Now Brandon - speaking for Mr. Ralph Wilson, Jr. - has more jerseys to sell, another pitch for more games up north, a cover guy for the media guide, and a seemingly endless supply of perpetual hope. If you saw the hero's welcome Terrell Owens received Sunday night, you know there's a well somewhere in the area with plenty more where that came from. The Bills are the NFL's version of AIG: the little guy continues to bail them out for years of bad bets, while the executives still rake in the benefits.

Newsflash: It doesn't take a genius to market football to western New Yorkers.

This was the only part of the article that I would agree with. The rest was just hateful venom spewed by an incredible douche bag. The title of the article was "Let's get our heads examined." Danny boy, you should be first in line.

This was the only part of the article that I would agree with. The rest was just hateful venom spewed by an incredible douche bag. The title of the article was "Let's get our heads examined." Danny boy, you should be first in line.

Dead-on right BLZ! :thumbdown:

To be fair, I'm sure they're working with bare bones over there.

So are we. So's everybody. I still have someone to proof my stuff, though -- in fact, my desk saved my butt on a piece I filed this morning, changing a date I had wrong. That's at a weekly one-fifth the size of the Observer.

Then again, they are an Ogden newspaper ... and yeah, I think I'd better stop there before I melt down TSW's profanity filter.

Dunkirk Disturber has been added to "The List" as bad. :thumbdown:

C'mon they share the same bed as the Post Urinal... the sales staff didn't sell enough space, so someone had to rattle off a few column inches... sowhatwhocares?

I can't believe how many people actually showed up to the airport on Sunday. It's ridiculous, he's just a football player, he's not some savior sent down from the heavens to save the city. I think it made Buffalo look like a bunch of idiots.

People in Buffalo got excited about their football team and the new addition? What!?! This is absorbed. :thumbdown:

Come on people ask for a big name in FA and then when it happens they complain about it. I am glad he got a good welcome in Buffalo. With that said no I don't think he is the Bills savor or our #1 receiver for that matter. I think Buffalo fans are smarter then that and know more about the game then that.

To the guy who wrote the Dunkirk article....

Bills Fans are passionate and they are not afraid to show their love for the team. When a star like TO is here, you can almost be sure it is gonna cause a mini-party where ever he shows up. And i like the guy in the popcorn box...very creative.

I wonder if the author of the article has ever been passionate about anything......

You have to be passionate about something in this crazy life. And to many people in this town the Bills are it. Some love the Sabres, Bisons even the Bandits.

My point being id rather be a Bills Fan 4 life than not have a pro football team at ALL.