Very negative TO article

T.O.'s just winging it in Buffalo

Jeez, this guy is really laying it on thick. Maybe he doesn't realize that, in every case, TO's trouble started after the 1st year, and just maybe the guy has something to prove this season. But stuff like that doesn't bring the eyeballs to ESPN.com

Right now, we're in the Niagara Falls Honeymoon Phase. That means love is everywhere as the 35-year-old Owens reports Monday for the start of the Bills' organized team activities. But remember, this is the part of the relationship when the new team and its fans develop T.O. amnesia. They simply forget what he's done in the past.

Instead, desperate Bills fans will convince themselves that Owens' arrival means management is serious about winning, that Owens and Lee Evans will transform a passing "attack" that accounted for just 14 touchdowns a season ago (only five other teams had fewer touchdown passes), and that opposing defenses won't be able to load the box against running back Marshawn Lynch. (That is, when Lynch returns from his NFL-imposed suspension.) And if it were Anquan Boldin instead of Owens in a Bills uniform, I'd agree.

But here's what's coming: Owens will freak out. And it will happen because it has happened everywhere else T.O. has played. The meltdown might occur during training camp or two games into the season -- you never know -- but it's on its way.

But here's what's coming: Owens will freak out. And it will happen because it has happened everywhere else T.O. has played. The meltdown might occur during training camp or two games into the season -- you never know -- but it's on its way.

... and the Bills finish the season at 7-9? Shocking.

So, Gene Wojciechowski is THAT guy :thumbdown: . It's funny, you read an article like this absolutely killing a player like Owens, and coencidently there are no quotes from even an anonymous former TEAMMATE. I'm starting to believe more and more when T.O. just tells people to listen to what his former teammates have to say about their time with him instead of all of these media blowhards looking for a lot of hits on their story on ESPN.com.

ESPN Editor: "Wojciechowski, your column's due tomorrow and I haven't seen anything yet."

Wojciechowski: "I know boss, its a dull month for the NFL, now that the draft's over."

ESPN Editor: "Tough. We've got space to fill and ad revenue commitments to keep. I want something now!"

Wojciechowski: "OK, OK....I can always pound out 1,000 words about TO. Just spout the same old, same old and the lemmings will eat it up."

ESPN Editor: "Right. It's worked before, it'll work again. Get on it ASAP...."

Wojciechowski (to self): "Boy, this is easy...and I get paid for it to boot."

ESPN Editor: "Wojciechowski, your column's due tomorrow and I haven't seen anything yet."

Wojciechowski: "I know boss, its a dull month for the NFL, now that the draft's over."

ESPN Editor: "Tough. We've got space to fill and ad revenue commitments to keep. I want something now!"

Wojciechowski: "OK, OK....I can always pound out 1,000 words about TO. Just spout the same old, same old and the lemmings will eat it up."

Exactly.

Man, TO might totally mess up this cohesive team of superstars and role-players we've put together over the past five years, denying us a chance to extend our playoff run by one more year.

Awesome - well said. Because one of these days, without adding any more talent, DJ will all of a sudden figure out how to win and the Bills will make the playoffs... the media's logic.

Safe guess.

Done.

Oh by the way, you also made the list. We gave you a pass since you are one of the regulars here, but if we were to catch wind of you degrading or possibly expressing a negative opinion about the team, the city, its fans or the region, we'll waste very little time downgrading YOU to bad as well. :thumbdown:

Well, you guys ARE talking about it, so who wins?

Wojciechowski is gay