Empire Sports

The funny thing is, when Schopp used to be on WNSA FM back when I still lived in Buffalo, he was awesome. Then for whatever reason, he became this miserable douche after he switched over to WGR

I suspect the d-bag Schopp is a result of some corporate consultant telling Mike to be more negative on the air. Negativity seems to sell in Buffalo, a town with a victim-complex as big as City Hall.

There is so much local sports in Buffalo...from the Bills, Sabres and Bandits, to the Bisons, colleges and high schools, I can't believe a local sports channel wouldn't fly. In fact the best way to make it work is to a) buy one of the UHF TV channels no one watches like 23, 49 or 67 and put it on that, and b) buy an AM radio station and simulcast it there. That way you are on cable anyway, and more importantly you get seen and heard in Southrn Ontario. The Sabres are never on TV in Canada because Canadian cable companies won't show MSG, but they will broadcast over-the-air channels.

PTR

A regional sports network in Buffalo/WNY wouldnt surprise me. It would probably need the Sabres to be rid of MSG.

You would have the Sabres, Bandits, UB Sports (which is much bigger now), and possibly some Syracuse U sports. Sprinkle in some International League Baseball, and the American Hockey League. Some Bills and Sabres weekly shows along with old games/features, etc..

I think that network gets a lot of viewing in Buffalo (and those with Satellites like me).

I miss the HS sports aspect of Empire

Miss WNSA as the anti-WGR.

I miss when Simon was good, and Schopp wasn't a j e r k.

Remember Zig Fracassi? Thought he was pretty good.

Loved watching the afternoon show on Empire with Brinson and

Simon. Talked about local sports, saw great clips from games

or training camps.

Miss the heck out of both.

The funny thing is, when Schopp used to be on WNSA FM back when I still lived in Buffalo, he was awesome. Then for whatever reason, he became this miserable douche after he switched over to WGR

The reason is pretty easy to figure out, actually. When he switched to WGR, he was paired up with Dickerson..he learned his lessons well

When I was like 13-15 I used to prank Dickerson and Clip Smith. As well as many other on WGR. I used to call Clip Smith every night and as soon as he said whatever alias I gave him I would flush the toilet. I did it for a few weeks. I thought it was absolutely hilarious. Otherwise I would just call them and talk in strange voices. Sometimes I would ask them a serious questions and after they would answer I would ask another ridiculous or insulting question. I think I might have a tape somewhere I will have to check.