Pro Football Weekly

I don't understand why it would get reduced. In the eyes of the NFL, he is a repeat offender. It doesn't matter if he's guilty of not, his name is in the news as an NFL player who was arrested. That's the real problem here. The NFL frowns upon this type of publicity.

I don't understand why it would get reduced. In the eyes of the NFL, he is a repeat offender. It doesn't matter if he's guilty of not, his name is in the news as an NFL player who was arrested. That's the real problem here. The NFL frowns upon this type of publicity.

Brandon Marshall was a repeat offender as well. The precedence has been set.

It will be reduced to 1 to 2 games.

True, but then how do you explain Brandon Marshall. You need to be consistent

Brandon Marshall was a repeat offender as well. The precedence has been set.

It will be reduced to 1 to 2 games.

The precedent was set, and then Marshall screwed up again.

Bad luck for Lynch and all who follow. I doubt Goodell would go any lower than two games.

The precedent was set, and then Marshall screwed up again.

What has the Commish done to Marshall after screwing-up again? Nothing. Yeah, that's some consistency. :w00t:

And Jared Allen had his suspension reduced from 4 games to 2 at the beginning of 2007, and hasn't had a problem since. So that excuse (i.e. that it didn't work with Marshall and thus won't work for anyone) doesn't wash.

Guest dog14787
Nonsense - it will be reduced to one game, or possibly to just a stern warning, because Lynch already said he's really sorry and that he won't do it again.

but I don't think he said it though :devil:

3 seems right

To me, 2 seems like the right number. But, 1, 2 or 3...it's hard for me to quibble with these differences. Like Pisa's contract with the Bills, maybe it isn't perfect, but it is close enough for me to keep quiet.

To think that missing 3 games will definitely teach Lynch a lesson, while a 1 game suspension won't, is funny. I'd even submit that a 1 game suspension won't really teach him anything, and he either got it or he didn't when he was nailed with a misdemeanor and given probation.

And look for the personal conduct policy to die after this season, never to be seen again.

To think that missing 3 games will definitely teach Lynch a lesson, while a 1 game suspension won't, is funny. I'd even submit that a 1 game suspension won't really teach him anything, and he either got it or he didn't when he was nailed with a misdemeanor and given probation.

And look for the personal conduct policy to die after this season, never to be seen again.

Are you serious? It's the keystone of Goodell's legacy, and the players are on board.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=67753

Are you serious? It's the keystone of Goodell's legacy, and the players are on board.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=67753

Check that, the players were on board. They agreed to it as a bargaining chip for getting 5% more in total revenue from the owners. Now that the owners will be demanding more money back from the players, don't look for the players to agree to continue a policy that takes more money from their pockets.

And Goodell can take his legacy and...