Say you had $13M in cap money...

Let's say, just picking a number out of the air, you had $13 million dollars in cap money. Would you:

PROBLEM A: Outside Linebacker

A1. Go after Pisa Tinuisamoa LB and call it quits (Deduct $6 Million)

A2. Forget Pisa --just go for Derrick Brooks LB for 2 years, looking at filling OLB through August cuts or draft (Deduct $7M)

A3 Sign Morlon Greenwood--Syracuse grad is among youngest starters in FA at age 30 (Deduct $6 Million)

A3. Do Nothing

PROBLEM B: Veteran Left Tackle

B1. Sign Levi Jones (Deduct $10 Million)

B2. Sign Mark Tauscher (Deduct $7 Million)

B3. Move Walker to the Left side and Use our drafted and existing players

PROBLEM C: Defensive Tackle

C1. Sign Kevin Carter (Deduct 6 Million) - Has played last 2 years for Bucs, still averages 4 sacks/yr.

C2. Sign LaRoi Glover (Deduct 6 Million) - 6 sacks a year ago with Rams, off-year last year

C3. Use McCargo and our drafted and existing players, and/or assume we get an August castoff

I would Go for A2 and C1---Pisa and Kevin Carter.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say, just picking a number out of the air, you had $13 million dollars in cap money. Would you:

PROBLEM A: Outside LinebackerA1. Go after Pisa Tinuisamoa LB and call it quits (Deduct $6 Million)

A2. Forget Pisa --just go for Derrick Brooks LB for 2 years, looking at filling OLB through August cuts or draft (Deduct $7M)

A3 Sign Morlon Greenwood--Syracuse grad is among youngest starters in FA at age 30 (Deduct $6 Million)

A3. Do Nothing

C1. Sign Kevin Carter (Deduct 6 Million) - Has played last 2 years for Bucs, still averages 4 sacks/yr.

C2. Sign LaRoi Glover (Deduct 6 Million) - 6 sacks a year ago with Rams, off-year last year

C3. Use McCargo and our drafted and existing players, and/or assume we get an August castoff

A1 / C2, thanks for the cool post. Pisa could create some QB pressure and Glover would create some QB pressure, which is the key to this season. You cannot allow Brady to sit back and pick you apart, nor any other opponent's QB.

A1 / B3 / C3

Fill that void with Pisa. Veteran, fits the system... etc.

I don't think spending big money on a left-over Left Tackle is the solution. Make what you have work.

Hope and pray that McCargo remains committed and he's pretty cheap. Make what you have work.

A1

I think Walker will be fine at LT. I like Butler at RT....

Do not ask me why, because I just do not know, but I have a gut feeling the light turns on for McCargo, and he shocks us all. And I mean Pro-Bowl Shocks!

I'm curious how you're coming up with your cap reductions for the players. Wouldn't amortizing the contract $$$ over the length of the pact reduce the cap hit (i.e., signing Pisa to a 3-year, $6 million contract would only result in a ~$2 million hit to the $13 million pool in year one)?

PROBLEM A: Outside LinebackerA1. Go after Pisa Tinuisamoa LB and call it quits (Deduct $6 Million)

A3. Do Nothing

Why in the hell is Levi Jones commanding $10M/year???

Astro: Can't we add to A-2: Move Poz to the outside?

Not at his speed.

A3. Do Nothing

A1, B3 and C3.

A3. Do Nothing

Sign Pisa

Use Walker at LT

Give all of the Bills DT's a shot to start next to Stroud, maybe a new D-line coach will have them motivated

A1

I think Walker will be fine at LT. I like Butler at RT....

Do not ask me why, because I just do not know, but I have a gut feeling the light turns on for McCargo, and he shocks us all. And I mean Pro-Bowl Shocks!

Would be a lovely surprise. Won't count on it though. Much more likely, he does not make the squad at all, pre-season cut.

I haven't seen it discussed (I also haven't searched for it), but the Bills will be getting a big bump in Salary Cap $$, as that number has been bumped to $12 Million, a much bigger increase than anticipated.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...luVLyAD986PVRO0

This thread may be directly related to that, but since I haven't seen it mentioned, I thought I'd throw that out there.

As for Derrick Brooks, he didn't look like Derrick Brooks, last year. If there is still gas in the tank, then I'm all in. But, I have a feeling, at this stage, Pisa is a better fit for the Bills D, and has more years to contribute. Get Levi, or another experienced LT, and a decent DT to add to the rotation. And then, get to work!

I haven't seen it discussed (I also haven't searched for it), but the Bills will be getting a big bump in Salary Cap $$, as that number has been bumped to $12 Million, a much bigger increase than anticipated.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...luVLyAD986PVRO0

This thread may be directly related to that, but since I haven't seen it mentioned, I thought I'd throw that out there.

As for Derrick Brooks, he didn't look like Derrick Brooks, last year. If there is still gas in the tank, then I'm all in. But, I have a feeling, at this stage, Pisa is a better fit for the Bills D, and has more years to contribute. Get Levi, or another experienced LT, and a decent DT to add to the rotation. And then, get to work!

Dean,

Yeah this is referring to that - originally the cap from last year to this was raised by 12 million. In addition, because certain conditions on the floor last year not being met, the cap raised another 900+ k. So this isn't an additional 12 - 13 mil, it's what we originally had + 900k - Fred's deal.

Dean,

Yeah this is referring to that - originally the cap from last year to this was raised by 12 million. In addition, because certain conditions on the floor last year not being met, the cap raised another 900+ k. So this isn't an additional 12 - 13 mil, it's what we originally had + 900k - Fred's deal.

Thanks, LM.