Was Rhodes signed because ML is 1 mistake away from a 1 year suspensio

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know? There was dope in the car, and drug test failures aren't made public until the player gets suspended.

There was pot in the car. You call pot "dope"? :worthy:

There was pot in the car. You call pot "dope"? :worthy:

Sorry. Dope is a general term although I know that regionally it can be used for heroin only. I should have said pot, smoke, weed, bud, mj, mary jane, wacky tabackey, ganja, sense, etc. Next time I'll do better.

For as much idiot grammar there is around here, having someone to correct me for using improper drug vernacular is pretty funny.

Sorry. Dope is a general term although I know that regionally it can be used for heroin only. I should have said pot, smoke, weed, bud, mj, mary jane, wacky tabackey, ganja, sense, etc. Next time I'll do better.

For as much idiot grammar there is around here, having someone to correct me for using improper drug vernacular is pretty funny.

You dope. :worthy:

Sean Taylor, who was shot while trying to defend his home against an attempted robbery? Yeah, good call.

And for those saying the media is ignoring Lynch ... huh? They've written a ton of stories about him. That's what upset him and made him refuse to talk to them for most of last season, remember?

1) I speak of Taylor in terms of Lynch ending up dead. He has gone beyond the point of "boys being boys", AFTER his latest incident with the pot and the car.

2) The proper authorities have a running communication with the front office, and I am sure that the PTB at One Bills Drive are well aware of Lynch's continued hijinx and paper-thin patience of the authorities.

1) I speak of Taylor in terms of Lynch ending up dead. He has gone beyond the point of "boys being boys", AFTER his latest incident with the pot and the car.

Taylor was the victim of a home invasion that had nothing to do with any legal transgressions. And had he been able to own a gun, he'd be alive today. Poor example.

Grammar police have been out lately, man I hate the off-season.

2) The proper authorities have a running communication with the front office, and I am sure that the PTB at One Bills Drive are well aware of Lynch's continued hijinx and paper-thin patience of the authorities.

Where do you come up with this crap??? Your generalizations are borderline offensive and pure speculation based on what YOU believe may or may not have happened.

Look, the KID has made a couple of stupid mistakes, but you are totally jumping the gun as to where his life could or could not be headed. Why don't you just say you don't like him as a person and be done with it....

My intention wasn't really to correct you. I just wondered if you referred to pot as "dope". Some people do, and it isn't really "wrong" to do so.

When I hear "dope" I tend to think of things far worse than pot.

Jackson can't handle being the every down back in the NFL.

I don't think he's had the chance to, yet. As much as I like Lynch's rough, carry-a-few defenders style running, I thought Jackson looked better at times last year than Marshawn. It must be on Jackson's mind, when signing the extension with Buffalo, that he'd not get that chance unless Lynch gets a full year extension. Either way, I'm glad we've got him - we've got an exciting backfield.

Where do you come up with this crap??? Your generalizations are borderline offensive and pure speculation based on what YOU believe may or may not have happened.

Look, the KID has made a couple of stupid mistakes, but you are totally jumping the gun as to where his life could or could not be headed. Why don't you just say you don't like him as a person and be done with it....

I like him as a football player...attitude-wise. I am replying to a thread that was started that asked if the Bills are CYA with Rhodes and a long term deal with Jackson because Marshawn is a liability. The answer is yes. The answer is so much of a yes that I would hope the Bills are trying to move him as we speak.

If Lynch doesn't back off his vibe...or whatever the KIDS call it these days, he will be toast. You want particulars...contact 74 Franklin St. or maybe ask around the West Side.

Silence on Lynch from the Buffalo media means nothing

the local media is incompetent at reporting anything on the Bills

most stories are not even reported first by the local guys supposedly covering the team.

on Lynch

he is a thug- and a not too bright one a that -

chances are that he will miss more than the 3 games he is currently suspended for.

Unlikely he is on the field for the Bills in 2010.

I agree with you for the most part. He may get his suspension reduced. Let's look at a bit of history. First it was Henry with issues, who do the Bills get? McGahee along with his issues, who do they get to replace McGahee? Lynch.

I really feel they have been snake bit at that position for years and are still not out of the woods. Jackson being signed long term and Rhodes picked up tell me the Bills are exploring options. I do think Lynch will be a Bill the rest of the year, but I don't think he's suspensions are over, nor do I think if Jackson and Rhodes produce, the Bills wouldn't hesitate to make a trade. They've done it twice before and if I'm Jackson or Rhodes, I'd make sure Lynch sees me every time he looks over his shoulder. And if I'm Lynch and get my suspension reduced, I'm thinking there's nothing I can't do.

Grammar police have been out lately, man I hate the off-season.

Actually, I LOVE the grammar police. I see no problem with people who are high school age or older understanding the basics of reading and writing. If this message board can teach someone the difference between its and it's, there and their, and how to use tenses properly ("I seen him" vs. "I saw him") that would be great. Especially if we can do that while talking about the Bills while they are in the playoffs. :-)

My intention wasn't really to correct you. I just wondered if you referred to pot as "dope". Some people do, and it isn't really "wrong" to do so.

When I hear "dope" I tend to think of things far worse than pot.

I did. Growing up lots of people used "smoking dope" to mean smoking pot, but I know what you mean. There's a huge difference between having pot in the car vs. something worse.

Do you think we signed Rhodes because of ML's lack of judgement in his personal life?? He is one more offense away from a year's suspension and if he did something really serious he might even face a ban.

:worthy::worthy::thumbsup:

Let me see ... we sign someone who can be a great #3 back ... and we know we need a good #2 back for the beginning of the season ... could this mean that the Bills management actually thought things out and saw that Rhodes was a good option or ...

do we all have to live in the glass half empty world that assumes that THE BEAST will next be suspended for a year for some unknown future offense when very few players have suffered that penalty? WOW ... sometime even those with their super secret inside can never be revealed unless they die first sources ... just don't have a grasp on it ...

I read on CBS Sportsline that Jackson will get $2 million a season on his four-year contract extension.

That's the insurance policy.

Rhodes was a necessary pick to fill a void.

If he works out then it's for the good of the team.

That's the way I see it. Rhodes was signed because Lynch will miss a few games, to start the season and the Bills need a reliable #3. I think he would have been signed if Lynch was missing those games due to injury.

If Lynch doesn't back off his vibe...or whatever the KIDS call it these days, he will be toast. You want particulars...contact 74 Franklin St. or maybe ask around the West Side.

Why don't you just tell us what you've heard?