Trent Dilfer Compares Phillip Rivers To.............

H2o

:wallbash: Did I miss something here? Marino had an absolute rocket for an arm and one of the quickest releases you'll ever see. Phillip Rivers like Dan Marino? I don't see it. Everyone's thoughts on this? Hasselbeck also went on to compare Matt Ryan to Tom Brady :rolleyes:

:wallbash: Did I miss something here? Marino had an absolute rocket for an arm and one of the quickest releases you'll ever see. Phillip Rivers like Dan Marino? I don't see it. Everyone's thoughts on this? Hasselbeck also went on to compare Matt Ryan to Tom Brady :rolleyes:

All I can think is that he's on the payroll, so something outlandish is as good as anything else.

I like the Matt Ryan comparison better.In fact Ryan has a better arm than Brady...

But comparing Rivers to Marino is just silliness.

actually rivers reminds me of marino as well. always has. Im not sure what it is but he just does.

Dan Marino is one of the best QB's ever,Phillip Rivers is like Trent Dilfer.They both wont even be remembered years from now.

Dan Marino is one of the best QB's ever,Phillip Rivers is like Trent Dilfer.They both wont even be remembered years from now.

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wait a sec.....lets be reasonable. Rivers is somewhere inbetween Dilfer and Marino(about halfway between Id say)/

What's he talking about?

I think Phillip Rivers compares to Bernie Kosar. Marino had 3 times the arm that Rivers has.

:rolleyes: Yeah, and let's start comparing Tom Brady* to Joe Montana while were at it. And why not? It creates controversy and gives people something to talk about while were waiting :wallbash: (and the waiting is just starting) for the season to start.

:rolleyes:

Trent Dilfer could only dream about the statistical season Rivers just had. Phillip Rivers is quickly establishing himself as one of the best qb's in the league, and a leader for his football team. Trent Dilfer never hit 3000 yards and only threw for 20 tds twice in his career. Rivers has hit 3k+ 3 years in a row with 22,21 and 34 tds respectively.

Now compare Rivers to Drew Brees this past season.

Phillip Rivers and Drew Brees had the same # of tds. Except Rivers did it in 158 less pass attempts than it took Brees. I don't see why people like to rag Rivers the guy is a fantastic quarterback and fun to watch. I hope we eventually have a qb who can be that good.

Besides the arm, they look exactly the same on the field. Same throwing style, same size, same immobility, Rivers has decent production also.

Please consider your sources....Dilfer at least started and won a SB. I'll give him credit there. But as analysts for ESPN, he and Hasselback suck. They have not uttered an intelligent sentence between them yet.

Here's when Phillip Rivers will remind me of Dan Marino: when he throws for at least 20 TD passes a year for 10 consecutive years in the NFL. Or, when he throws for 44 or 48 TD's in a season, as Marino did. Rivers is good, and he's thrown 20 or more TD's for three straight seasons, including an awesome 34 last year. But let's see him keep it up there for 7 more straight seasons, before we start putting him in the same room with Dan Marino.

And Ryan being compared to Tom Brady after his rookie season? Well so much for accuracy. Although Brady wasn't a rookie, the first season he became the starter 4 games in after Bledsoe's injury, all he did was lead the Pats to a SB Championship in 2001. Then he led them to 2 more SB wins over the next three years. In my own 40 years of watching NFL football, the only QB comparison I can logically make compared to those amazing results is one Joe Montana! I think maybe we should wait for young Matt Ryan to lead his team to their first playoff game victory, before Tom Brady comparisons come flooding in! :devil: