What Military Division Should I Join?

ubhockey

Since the draft will undeniably be held within the next few months with President Bush being re-elected, I was wondering which division of the military I should look to join.

I've been watching Band of Brothers on DVD lately. I'm thinking the 101st Airborne or the 82nd Airborne. :D

I got some friends in the 82nd, so I might be leaning there. What about you guys, what are your favorites?

Since the draft will undeniably be held within the next few months with President Bush being re-elected, I was wondering which division of the military I should look to join.

I've been watching Band of Brothers on DVD lately. I'm thinking the 101st Airborne or the 82nd Airborne.  :D

I got some friends in the 82nd, so I might be leaning there. What about you guys, what are your favorites?

103387[/snapback]

Swift Boats are supposedly easy to get in and out of. National Guard doesn't seem too bad either.

I've been watching Band of Brothers on DVD lately. I'm thinking the 101st Airborne or the 82nd Airborne.  :D

103387[/snapback]

With that attitude, I suspect you would do best joining the Navy and hotbunking with your buddies.

I am sure you'll enjoy dressing in drag and sucking raisins out of a greased up fat guys naval.

103387[/snapback]

The 101st isn't a true airborne unit anymore. They do mostly air assault stuff now days, such as repelling out of helicopters. If you want to do the true airborne stuff you'll need to join the 82nd. Welcome to Fort Bragg, home of the airborne and special operations forces.

With that attitude, I suspect you would do best joining the Navy and hotbunking with your buddies. 

I am sure you'll enjoy dressing in drag and sucking raisins out of a greased up fat guys naval.

103406[/snapback]

Exactly what attitude are you speaking about? I'm being sarcastic about the libs threat of a draft.

And I was wondering what divisions of the military people like?

The 101st isn't a true airborne unit anymore.  They do mostly air assault stuff now days, such as repelling out of helicopters.  If you want to do the true airborne stuff you'll need to join the 82nd.  Welcome to Fort Bragg, home of the airborne and special operations forces.

103451[/snapback]

Not to mention great barbecue.

The 101st isn't a true airborne unit anymore.  They do mostly air assault stuff now days, such as repelling out of helicopters.  If you want to do the true airborne stuff you'll need to join the 82nd.  Welcome to Fort Bragg, home of the airborne and special operations forces.

103451[/snapback]

Fort Bragg is where my best friend has spent A LOT of time in the past three years. I love the guy to death. Whenever we go out and the ladies ask what he does for a living...

"Lady, I jump out of planes and kill people for your safety."

It never gets old.

Just play the roulette wheel and stand in line.

One, two, three... Your in the Marines... One, two, three...

You can always cut someone in line if you don't like the way things are going.

Anyway, if you don't behave you can always go sit on the "Group W" bench with the baby killers and father rapers.

:D:blink:

Just play the roulette wheel and stand in line.

One, two, three... Your in the Marines... One, two, three...

You can always cut someone in line if you don't like the way things are going.

Anyway, if you don't behave you can always go sit on the "Group W" bench with the baby killers and father rapers.

:D  :blink:

103467[/snapback]

Sorry Marines don't draft and only did once in history for about 3 months and decided it wasn;t needed.

Fort Bragg is where my best friend has spent A LOT of time in the past three years. I love the guy to death. Whenever we go out and the ladies ask what he does for a living...

"Lady, I jump out of planes and kill people for your safety."

It never gets old.

103464[/snapback]

That works so much better than: "I'm a liberal arts major and have yet to find my niche. I'm thinking about teaching."

Your friend probably wasn't there, but the 82nd was originally slotted to be the invasion/occupying force for both Haiti and Kosovo. In both cases we were rigged up and in the air to the adjective. Fortunately both times the planes were turned back before we reached the drop zone.

The 101st got a lot of the publicity in Afghanistan. You never saw it on the news, but the ranger battalion got its ass handed to them over there. The army quickly got them out and replaced them with the 101st, which was later replaced by the 82nd.

I thought you were gonna catch me on that... I wasn't sure who brought that up before... I should have known it was you VA!

When was the 3 months... What era/war?

:D

103654[/snapback]

'Nam, most likely. Everyone had manpower and recruitment problems late in the war.

Could have been in early WWII as well, when the Marines were badly undermanned...but that seems to have been more a training issue and less one of recruitment; the Marines seem to have never been truly short of warm bodies in WWII, just trained ones.

'Nam, most likely.  Everyone had manpower and recruitment problems late in the war.

Could have been in early WWII as well, when the Marines were badly undermanned...but that seems to have been more a training issue and less one of recruitment; the Marines seem to have never been truly short of warm bodies in WWII, just trained ones.

103688[/snapback]

Thanks!

I always tell that line. I didn't know it personally, yet heard it from a Vietnam vet (Buffalo area) that was drafted and saw it first hand.

Then again, secondary information is not always the best.