(OT) Nine years in the clink for sending Spam?

stevestojan

Thats actually another urban legend, and is also straying from the point. The US never suported UBL, per se. UBL was never even a "freedom fighter" in Afghanistan. He was actually more of a coordinator and financier, with Dad's bucks. His goals were at cross purposes to the US, and he was largely ignored by the CIA as a nuisance. The US supported the Afghans as a whole, because it was a by proxy way to fight the Soviets in an attempt to keep Afghanistan from falling into the Soviet block.

To save time here, we didn't support Sadaam either. Much to contrary belief.

104475[/snapback]

Well so is saying buying drugs supports terror.

If I went and bought a bag of weed from some hippie I hardly think it's going to some terror cell in Afghanistan.

I'm not saying there is no chance that you wouldn't be supporting terror, but probably not a large chance of it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I went and bought a bag of weed from some hippie I hardly think it's going to some terror cell in Afghanistan.

I'm not saying there is no chance that you wouldn't be supporting terror, but probably not a large chance of it.

104554[/snapback]

A lot of people like you have that attitude. Thank god the smart ones don't.

I asked him what he was smoking.  I never called him a name.

Here's what you said earlier:

Now we start with the personal attacks, the usual result at the end of a debate when one person is defeated.

Amd now you're saying that, "What the hell are you smoking?" isn't a personal attack? :w00t:

If you say so :)

CW

Here's what you said earlier:

Amd now you're saying that,  "What the hell are you smoking?" isn't a personal attack? :w00t:

If you say so :)

CW

104557[/snapback]

HAHAHA

You changed your post after you originally put it up.

The first time you were just joking around, then edited it to make it look serious.

And no it's not.

No, I just don't buy into the Bush propoganda machine.

If I did I'd still be wondering why we haven't found all those WMD's that George promised us when we went to Iraq.

104558[/snapback]

MMMMMM Ham and Cheese. What are you going to pick?????????

HAHAHA

You changed your post after you originally put it up.

The first time you were just joking around, then edited it to make it look serious.

And no it's not.

104559[/snapback]

Ooops, deleted the last line of the original.

"Just poking fun. :w00t:"

CW

No, I just don't buy into the Bush propoganda machine.

If I did I'd still be wondering why we haven't found all those WMD's that George promised us when we went to Iraq.

104558[/snapback]

Better be careful, there, BF. You could be first on the list when Bush brings the draft back.

Better be careful, there, BF. You could be first on the list when Bush brings the draft back.

104587[/snapback]

Nope I can't be drafted. My vision prevents it.

It sucks, I wanted to go into the millitary at one point in time.

My brother seems to be making a good living doing it.

Nope I can't be drafted.  My vision prevents it.

It sucks, I wanted to go into the millitary at one point in time.

My brother seems to be making a good living doing it.

104598[/snapback]

What's wrong with your vision that you think would keep you from being drafted?

So, do you guess these people actually have homes, and simply make themselves look "Homeless" to make the easy money? ( i know, I know.. that sounds ridiculous), or are they just so into drugs, etc, that they blow whatever they take in on that? I mean, if you're making 60k a year, that's going somewhere.

I know someone who gave a pair of shoes to a homeless guy in NYC who was without shoes in the winter. next day, the guy was there without shoes....you make a lot better money without shoes than with!

Sorry if this is a repeat, but wow... 9 years?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/03/spam.trial.ap/index.html

103352[/snapback]

The biggest problem that I see with this is not that he got 9 years, but that his sister only got a fine. There is some real sexual discrimination going around when you read about a guy and a girl getting convicted and he gets a lot more time than she does. Women want equality. Well, there should be equality in prison sentences!

104554[/snapback]

Opium production was the Taliban's single biggest income source by far over their reign.

Of course, being such an insular group, they couldn't ship it very well and had to enlist the help of other worldwide drug cartels...you can guess how deep the connection between the drug cartels and Islamic terrorism are from that.

Opium production was the Taliban's single biggest income source by far over their reign.

Of course, being such an insular group, they couldn't ship it very well and had to enlist the help of other worldwide drug cartels...you can guess how deep the connection between the drug cartels and Islamic terrorism are from that.

105153[/snapback]

Don't bother. It's government propoganda.