Don't call it a comeback, it's a miracle

Very good clip, Skoob. You get a lot of crap here, and most of it is deserved. But you also get some well-deserved praise. I have two ticket stubs kicking around home. One is from the 1990 AFC Championship Game against Schroeder and the Raiders. What a BF-ing. The other is the Oiler game. The Oiler game. The Oiler game. Anyone who says they weren't heading for the door that afternoon is a goddamn liar. But my brother and I paused at the top of the steps, and there was an interception. "Let's just see what happens here", he said. We ended up stalled in one of the handicapped platforms, and we ended up hugging a fellow in a wheelchair, tears streaming from all our eyes. I am a richer man in this life for having stayed.

And we will be back.

"Magnet and Steel" - Walter Egan

The Oiler game. Anyone who says they weren't heading for the door that afternoon is a goddamn liar. But my brother and I paused at the top of the steps, and there was an interception. "Let's just see what happens here", he said. We ended up stalled in one of the handicapped platforms, and we ended up hugging a fellow in a wheelchair, tears streaming from all our eyes. I am a richer man in this life for having stayed.

And we will be back.

Thanks for sharing that very good story. And as negative as I get at times, I too believe that we will be back.........somehow.

Very good clip, Skoob. You get a lot of crap here, and most of it is deserved. But you also get some well-deserved praise. I have two ticket stubs kicking around home. One is from the 1990 AFC Championship Game against Schroeder and the Raiders. What a BF-ing. The other is the Oiler game. The Oiler game. The Oiler game. Anyone who says they weren't heading for the door that afternoon is a goddamn liar. But my brother and I paused at the top of the steps, and there was an interception. "Let's just see what happens here", he said. We ended up stalled in one of the handicapped platforms, and we ended up hugging a fellow in a wheelchair, tears streaming from all our eyes. I am a richer man in this life for having stayed.

And we will be back.

"Magnet and Steel" - Walter Egan

I take the good with the bad, as in what life has to offer. Thanks for the story, anyone else have a good story??

I take the good with the bad, as in what life has to offer. Thanks for the story, anyone else have a good story??

Don't worry. Oneonta Buffalo took a lot of grief for awhile as well. But that Levi Jones thing kind of pissed me off.

"On the street where you live" - Nat King Cole

I was in Long Island visiting family that day, and pumped because I would get to see the game. At the half, however, I was so friggin' upset I almost went SHOPPING with some of my family. I decided to stick around, made a phone call, and sat back down. My dad had a tennis match on ESPN2 or something. I asked him to switch back real quick, and we saw the recovered onside kick.

Didn't move an inch after that, and I've never even thought about leaving the house at halftime ever again... :oops:

I was in Long Island visiting family that day, and pumped because I would get to see the game. At the half, however, I was so friggin' upset I almost went SHOPPING with some of my family. I decided to stick around, made a phone call, and sat back down. My dad had a tennis match on ESPN2 or something. I asked him to switch back real quick, and we saw the recovered onside kick.

Didn't move an inch after that, and I've never even thought about leaving the house at halftime ever again... :thumbsup:

It had to be the "something"... ESPN2 debuted in October of 1993... "The ComeBack" was January 3, 1993.

:oops::)

I had left the Notre Dame - Houston Cotton Bowl in 1979, when Joe Montana led the greatest Notre Dame comeback ever. No way was I going to leave that Bills game!

I went to the Bills game by myself. Couldn't believe it wasn't sold out, and nobody wanted to go.

What are the odds I'd be at my two favorite teams' best comebacks ever? I hit the jackpot on those.

Skoob,

I'm caught between inspired and depressed. Inspired because of how amazing that comeback was. Always inspired with the domination of the early 90s bills. Depressed that we couldnt win Superbowls.

I dont think there is any fan base that wants a championship more than we do. Id be so happy that Id probably flip out.

I enjoy the clean look of the screen, without scores, promos for upcoming t.v. shows, etc.

That too! :oops::)

I mentioned the Chargers game (power failure) last year in another thread... I wasn't there, but my brother was and he commented on the same thing you just said.

Did you catch any of the old hockey games on ESPN Classic? Samething there too without the advertising.

The game is bigger now, not necessarily BETTER.

I was about 5 or 6 during this game. I remember because I was in Rochester and the game was blacked out, but for some reason the people living next door to me (to the west) had the game on TV on their antenna. Maybe from Syracuse at the time? I'm not sure. Anyways, I remember the halftime score and remember hearing that the Bills came back and won it after the fact and it was amazing. Definitely one of the better parts of my younger bills loving career.

Skoob,

I'm caught between inspired and depressed. Inspired because of how amazing that comeback was. Always inspired with the domination of the early 90s bills. Depressed that we couldnt win Superbowls.

I dont think there is any fan base that wants a championship more than we do. Id be so happy that Id probably flip out.

I'm in Philly and they were whining about how long they'd gone since a championship before the Phillies won last year. But it's nothing, nothing compared to the thirst that Buffalo fans have.