Derrick Brooks ?

Derrick Brooks would be the perfect OLB to bring in.He still has 2 great years in him.

He is a Prowl Bowler in the cover 2 system,year aftrer year.Who better to show our backers how to make plays in that system.He is a good leader and a smart linebacker.Always in the right place at the right time.That is the one piece to the defensive puzzle the Bills are missing.John Henderson would be the last piece the Bills would need to have a top 5 defense.

Derrick Brooks would be the perfect OLB to bring in.He still has 2 great years in him.

He is a Prowl Bowler in the cover 2 system,year aftrer year.Who better to show our backers how to make plays in that system.He is a good leader and a smart linebacker.Always in the right place at the right time.That is the one piece to the defensive puzzle the Bills are missing.John Henderson would be the last piece the Bills would need to have a top 5 defense.

After his linebacker coach got promoted to head coach he was realeased. Idk that tells me something

If he had anything left he would be with a team right now. It seems like he is done and will just get a camp invite or a veteran minimum at best

After his linebacker coach got promoted to head coach he was realeased. Idk that tells me something
I thought he was their DB coach?

ans is right. Raheem Morris was their DB coach last year. Oddly it seems the Buccaneers made a decision to lock up safety Jermaine Phillips who Morris did coach, rather than retain Brooks. They re-signed Phillips who was an unrestricted free agent and released Brooks. There is further irony in that there is talk that Phillips will move to weakside linebacker to replace Brooks.

I didn't carefully watch any Bucs games last year so I have no idea how much Brooks has left. But I do know that at one time he was every bit as good as Warren Sapp and John Lynch were.

I don't believe Brooks is just out on the open market, looking for work. I think the last I heard was that he was taking some time to decide whether to pursue opportunities with another team or take a front office position with the Bucs. Guys his age are in no hurry so that they don't have to participate in OTAs and mini-camps

Good post. Brooks would be a great addition for 1-2 years. I know Buc fans are still pissed he was released.

Having watched him his entire NFL career, I can tell you he was not himself last year. I don't know if he was injured & it wasn't talked about or what, but he was SLOW last year. That said he would be a GREAT addition to any locker room because he is a great leader, a true professional & just a great character guy. On the field, I'm not so sure anymore.

The Buccaneers cut an aging veteran who was probably pulling down a hefty amount of money. Is that the only reason? Pro Bowl OLB's in the 4-3, cover two are worth their weight in gold, however the REAL question is how much is left in his tank? The asking price and production might NOT be worth it to the Bills. It could turn out to be a Levi Jones scenario, whereby Derrick Brooks asks for way too much money. I highly doubt he'll be a Buffalo Bills LB, just a guess!!