salary cap...julius peppers VS

Aaron Schoebel $8.6 mil

Chris Kelsay $5.6 mil

Ryan Denney $3.2 mil

TOTAL $17.4 mil

Julius Peppers $ 16.7 mil franchise tag.

Give julius the same 7yr $100 mil deal Wash gave Haynesworth..... the way that contract was structured Albert will only see the first 4 years for $48 mil total.

Works for me, although I would keep Denney because we need some more DE's than just Maybin Peppers and Ellis. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd rd pick in 2010 plus Schoebel for Peppers? Just cut Kelsay. Panthers wont do it but I like to dream

Works for me, although I would keep Denney because we need some more DE's than just Maybin Peppers and Ellis. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd rd pick in 2010 plus Schoebel for Peppers? Just cut Kelsay. Panthers wont do it but I like to dream

IF I was the Panthers, I would jump on that trade in a second. It's amazing how much people overrate Peppers. He had 2.5 sacks 2 seasons ago. In their 7 full season healthy, Schobel averages about 10 sacks a season, same as Julius. Their defense has only been slightly better than ours and Peppers has had way more d-line help. People underrate Schobel here & overrate Peppers.

I think we are about 13mil under the cap before signing the rookies - I'm not sure how much cap we get back for letting Kelsay go maybe most of the 5.6 mil- but Peppers has control of any trade because he can refuse to do a new long term deal and no can afford a 16.7 mil cap hit- With a deal similar to Haynesworth the cap hit would be 7-8 mil-. Personally I'd love the deal because Peppers can play either end position so he could play with Schobel and Maybin, I think the asking price would be a 1 and a 3 at least.