how many members of the PPP have ...

21 Years, USN, Submarines.

102920[/snapback]

Wow. I guess you don't have much issue with claustrophobia. That's a long time to spend totally in the boats.

Me: Ex Army. 4 years Armored Cavalry as a scout/tanker, then 14 years in the Chemical Corps. Took the take the money and run option at 18 years. Still working with DoD as a contractor military analyst.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tom, FWIW, for someone who hasn't served you do seem to have a vary good grasp of how the military functions...Definately more insightful than some around here who have and shall remain nameless.

102756[/snapback]

I sincerely appreciate the compliment.

out from the shadows!!!!

unless you have an alias....where you been?

103289[/snapback]

I believe he was out on builders' trials for the new SSN.

Weren't you, RI? How was the new boat? Or do I have you confused with someone else?

out from the shadows!!!!

unless you have an alias....where you been?

103289[/snapback]

I've been here. I just decided that lurking and reading the nonsensical battles here was more fun than participating given my limited posting time. :D

Until we get the 023 out to sea I'm working 12 - 14 hour days. (Unlike a few other beltway bandit types, I don't have the option of posting from work)

I believe he was out on builders' trials for the new SSN.

Weren't you, RI?  How was the new boat?  Or do I have you confused with someone else?

103304[/snapback]

I did a little work on the Virginia, but didn't get the chance to ride trials. Most of my effort has been on the 023.

Don't bother asking. You know better.

served in the military??? how long??? what  branch?

102633[/snapback]

1 tour, 4 years, Army Artillery Corps.

Redleg leads the way!

Had I not been arrested for underage drinking prior to my enlistment, I would have gone to Ft. Huachuca and been trained in Arabic and Interrogation. And probbly, i'd still be in today if I had gotten the job I wanted. I enjoyed being a sodlier, but Combat Arms was the pits.

I've been here. I just decided that lurking and reading the nonsensical battles here was more fun than participating given my limited posting time.  :D

Until we get the 023 out to sea I'm working 12 - 14 hour days. (Unlike a few other beltway bandit types, I don't have the option of posting from work)

103308[/snapback]

Yeah, you'd need one hell of a long DSL cable, wouldn't you?

Wow. I guess you don't have much issue with claustrophobia. That's a long time to spend totally in the boats.

103282[/snapback]

Actually I did one short tour on a surface ship (AKA: Target) transporting TLAM's and cannon fodder during GWI. I was scared shitless the whole time knowing that that tub had absolutely no ASW capability.

No service for me....my sincere thanks and appreciation to all those who have or still serve. I have an uncle who retired as Lt. Col and my brother is active at the same rank. The best man from my wedding is currently on the ground in Iraq, so listening to those guys keeps a lot of things in perspective.

I am a defense contractor though....have a GSA schedule and everything!