If there is a heaven..and we get our body back there

Tcali

According to Southpark, in the episode where Satan is involved with both Saddam and Chris :

The Hell Director welcomes a group of new arrivals to Hell. Some of them are confused, saying they had been devout Protestants, or Jehovah's witnesses, and shouldn't be in Hell. The Director tells them "I'm sorry, I'm afraid you were wrong... you chose the wrong religion." They ask "well, what was the correct religion?" The Director informs them: "I'm afraid it was 'the Mormons.' Yes, 'the Mormons' was the correct answer." :devil:

My father was near the end with lung cancer was very weak, and had a raspy voice. He said to take him to the hospital to die and that they were waiting for him. We said "the nurses in the Oncology ward?" He said "No, in heaven, they're sitting there waiting for me." We took him in on a Thursday. He rallied on Friday, and Saturday , when a cousin of his visited and they talked all day about old times, and Sunday, when he and my mother talked all day (I was at the Bills-Denver game when we scored 21 points in 71 seconds- he told me to go even though I didn't want to). The next day, after work, I went to visit him and pick up my mom. I told him about that great game, and about 10 minutes later he died.

An uncle (his b-i-l) that he liked was slowly dying from congestive heart failure. Around Christmas after my dad died, we were watching the last Bills away game of the 1990 season at his house. He said "Son of a B word, the Bills are going to the Superbowl, and I won't see it." He was right. He died the first week of 1991. My mother happened to be visiting him in St. Joes, that day and he died in front her too.

A few months before my dad died, I overheard them betting who would go first. They said they would pay up later.

My dad was 60 and his b-i-l was 62. I believe they are up there with another uncle (b-i-l of my mother) who was a real nice guy and died from diabetes at 45. I believe they are up there drinking and playing cards and having fun and paying off that bet. :nana:

Wacka - great story ... sorry to hear of your losses but the story is very touching.

I had a very simler experience when my mother passed away 6 years ago. Me and my bother were sitting next to her bed in the hospital when she looked right at us and clearly said" I don't suppose you talk much to your father" [her husband of 54 years, gone 3 at that time] then kind of looked away and shook her head as if thinking of course THEY can't. Then the next day,she said when did mom get here? obviously referring to her mother[gone 30 years]which struck me because she never referred to her as "mom" to me and my bother,only "Gramma". Mom was for when she was talking to her bothers and sister. Seeing our startled looks, she replied very sharply"do you think when people die they just go away? of course they are still around"

My bother,being the analytical chemistry professor he is, dismissed it as a result of the pain meds. I was not so sure. Hearing that it is a apparently common experience makes me even less so.

Again, sorry to hear of your loss. I agree with your thoughts about your brother's ideas.

Wacka - great story ... sorry to hear of your losses but the story is very touching.

Another story. My father's brother and his wife were looking for burial plots while my father was getting sicker. My father hated his sister-in- law (she caused enough trouble that he and his brother didn't speak for over 5 years).

Plots next to my parent's plot were available. He said to my mother "If that B word is buried next to me, please dig me up and move me because there's no way in hell I'm spending eternity next to her." They found plots in another cemetery. The ones next to my father were bought by one of my mother's brothers.

We joked with my mother when it became 2000. I asked her if we could save money by having 20 engraved on the headstone for her date of death. Hey, it's going to be cheaper now than later. Of course she said no. She's 82 and still driving some. Had an appendectomy at 80 and was fine two weeks later. Her 92 year old sister just had an operation for a bladder tumor last Monday.

Nope it isn't. Remember if there is a heaven then the Christians are right and sex is for procreation only. :devil:

Quotes from Mark Twain

Of all the delights of this world man cares most for sexual intercourse. He will go any length for it-risk fortune, character, reputation, life itself. and what do you think he has done? He has left it out of his heaven! Prayer takes its place.

- Notebook, 1906

...the human being, like the immortals, natually places sexual intercourse far and away above all other joys--yet he has left it out of his heaven! The very thought of it excites him; opportunity sets him wild; in this state he will risk life, reputation, everything--even his queer heaven itself--to make good that opportunity and ride it to the overwhelming climax. From youth to middle age all men and all women prize copulation above all other pleasures combined, yet it actually as I have said: it is not in their heaven; prayer takes its place.

- Letters from the Earth

According to Southpark, in the episode where Satan is involved with both Saddam and Chris :

The Hell Director welcomes a group of new arrivals to Hell. Some of them are confused, saying they had been devout Protestants, or Jehovah's witnesses, and shouldn't be in Hell. The Director tells them "I'm sorry, I'm afraid you were wrong... you chose the wrong religion." They ask "well, what was the correct religion?" The Director informs them: "I'm afraid it was 'the Mormons.' Yes, 'the Mormons' was the correct answer." :nana:

My father was near the end with lung cancer was very weak, and had a raspy voice. He said to take him to the hospital to die and that they were waiting for him. We said "the nurses in the Oncology ward?" He said "No, in heaven, they're sitting there waiting for me." We took him in on a Thursday. He rallied on Friday, and Saturday , when a cousin of his visited and they talked all day about old times, and Sunday, when he and my mother talked all day (I was at the Bills-Denver game when we scored 21 points in 71 seconds- he told me to go even though I didn't want to). The next day, after work, I went to visit him and pick up my mom. I told him about that great game, and about 10 minutes later he died.

An uncle (his b-i-l) that he liked was slowly dying from congestive heart failure. Around Christmas after my dad died, we were watching the last Bills away game of the 1990 season at his house. He said "Son of a B word, the Bills are going to the Superbowl, and I won't see it." He was right. He died the first week of 1991. My mother happened to be visiting him in St. Joes, that day and he died in front her too.

A few months before my dad died, I overheard them betting who would go first. They said they would pay up later.

My dad was 60 and his b-i-l was 62. I believe they are up there with another uncle (b-i-l of my mother) who was a real nice guy and died from diabetes at 45. I believe they are up there drinking and playing cards and having fun and paying off that bet. :)

About the Mormon thing :w00t:

It's better your dad never saw that Super Bowl anyway. In heaven I wonder if you win all the time while playing games?

I had a very simler experience when my mother passed away 6 years ago. Me and my bother were sitting next to her bed in the hospital when she looked right at us and clearly said" I don't suppose you talk much to your father" [her husband of 54 years, gone 3 at that time] then kind of looked away and shook her head as if thinking of course THEY can't. Then the next day,she said when did mom get here? obviously referring to her mother[gone 30 years]which struck me because she never referred to her as "mom" to me and my bother,only "Gramma". Mom was for when she was talking to her bothers and sister. Seeing our startled looks, she replied very sharply"do you think when people die they just go away? of course they are still around"

My bother,being the analytical chemistry professor he is, dismissed it as a result of the pain meds. I was not so sure. Hearing that it is a apparently common experience makes me even less so.

I'm sorry to hear about that. There are a lot of people who have had near death experiences and have said similar things. I've been in a coma for a short while before and all it is blackness nothing else. What does that mean? I don't know but it's something I think about a lot.

I'm sorry to hear about that. There are a lot of people who have had near death experiences and have said similar things. I've been in a coma for a short while before and all it is blackness nothing else. What does that mean? I don't know but it's something I think about a lot.

Thank you for your sympathy's. On near death experiences,I to have been puzzled by why some and not others recall it.The only thing for sure is some day we will all know the answer.