Coincidence? Or PR?

Of course Michael Steele is...sort of a loser. But I do find it ironically funny that on the same day an article about the GOP "remaking" itself appears, we see this. However I guess I can take him at face value...IF his own party jumps on him with both feet for making the statement. If they don't, then we'll know they're just working on puttin more lipstick on the GOP (Grand old pig).

Steele: 'Disingenuous' for GOP to blame Dems' economic plans

Posted: 01:00 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Michael Steele said Thursday that it's "disingenuous" for Republicans to blame Democrats for their handling of the economy because the GOP "jumpstarted" the situation.

"Look, we can't go back out and start pointing fingers at the Democrats and saying 'Look at how bad they're performing, look at what they're doing with the economy,' when we jumpstarted this thing," Steele said on MSNBC.

"We were the ones who put $700 billion on the table and said 'Alright, let's start nationalizing the banking system,'" he said. "So now for us stand back and go 'Oh look, that's a bad thing to do' is disingenuous."

Filed under: Michael Steele

Of course Michael Steele is...sort of a loser. But I do find it ironically funny that on the same day an article about the GOP "remaking" itself appears, we see this. However I guess I can take him at face value...IF his own party jumps on him with both feet for making the statement. If they don't, then we'll know they're just working on puttin more lipstick on the GOP (Grand old pig).

Steele: 'Disingenuous' for GOP to blame Dems' economic plans

Posted: 01:00 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Michael Steele said Thursday that it's "disingenuous" for Republicans to blame Democrats for their handling of the economy because the GOP "jumpstarted" the situation.

"Look, we can't go back out and start pointing fingers at the Democrats and saying 'Look at how bad they're performing, look at what they're doing with the economy,' when we jumpstarted this thing," Steele said on MSNBC.

"We were the ones who put $700 billion on the table and said 'Alright, let's start nationalizing the banking system,'" he said. "So now for us stand back and go 'Oh look, that's a bad thing to do' is disingenuous."

Filed under: Michael Steele

It would be very disingenuous if it stopped at $700b, but it didn't. The dems saw that $700b and raised it another $800b and I don't think they're even close to being done. The game ain't over yet.

It would be very disingenuous if it stopped at $700b, but it didn't. The dems saw that $700b and raised it another $800b and I don't think they're even close to being done. The game ain't over yet.

Ah see, it IS perfuming the pig. Steele is saying their 700b is as bad as the Dems, and you won't even concede it's all bad. Only the DEM $$ is bad. What may be in the future, you don't know. If CNN has their way we'll all be dead from H1N1.

Ah but you never disappoint me. So quick to jump in and support my hypothesis. Tks! :flirt:

Ah see, it IS perfuming the pig. Steele is saying their 700b is as bad as the Dems, and you won't even concede it's all bad. Only the DEM $$ is bad. What may be in the future, you don't know. If CNN has their way we'll all be dead from H1N1.

Ah but you never disappoint me. So quick to jump in and support my hypothesis. Tks! :flirt:

I thought I've made it clear here many times that the original $700b was bad and adding to it makes it worse. Nice try deb.

As I said back inS ept, the $700 bil was a bad, but very necessary idea. We were days away from a total collapse and that bill calmed the markets tremendously. I don't like it, but it was necessary.

Agreed, that Rs blaming Ds is foolish.