Offensive Line

What kind of offense will we be good at? I mean, are a power running team or a throwing team? Our line will be huge and nasty, but there usually is a period of time to get acclimated. I believe that if can't run the ball effectively, it will be a long season.

What kind of offense will we be good at? I mean, are a power running team or a throwing team? Our line will be huge and nasty, but there usually is a period of time to get acclimated. I believe that if can't run the ball effectively, it will be a long season.

Just have to hope the rookies can show up immediately and Langston can be effective at LT.

Then, I think maybe ok running but pass protection may be scary.

I'm going out on a limb but my guess would be that this upcoming offense will have a lot more misdirection plays in the playbook this year. More pulling of the G/C's with the occaisional Off-Tackle pull on a delay with a weakside TE (Fine-Schouman) blocking down on an end. The passing game "should" be vastly improved with the new middle getting just downright nastier with the huge upgrade at all 3 positions......no offense to Butler.

We may have the biggest line in the league. All they should have to do is fall forward for our rb's to gain positive yardage.

yeah, just like last year when we had the heaviest line in the league, right? Have you forgotten the numerous 3rd & 4th down & inches where we could not even "fall forward" for the 1st down ?

We may have the biggest line in the league. All they should have to do is fall forward for our rb's to gain positive yardage.

Thats such a ridiculous misconception.

If you've got a bunch of slow unathletic pukes on the OL, the Defensive tackles can just stick to them and man their gaps and let the LBs run arond and make plays in the backfield and at the line of scrimmage.

Even though they're big, you want guys who are athletes who can make a block, turn their hips to seal off angles, or chip off and onto the second level as needed. Teams aren't going to run a QB wedge as a mainstay of their offense..really the only time when the "fall forward" crap is true

remember when denver had one of the smallest lines in the league but still ran the ball down everyone's throat?

yeah, just like last year when we had the heaviest line in the league, right? Have you forgotten the numerous 3rd & 4th down & inches where we could not even "fall forward" for the 1st down ?

That's because we were in shotgun formation with an empty backfield. :thumbsup:

You are so right. Last year and I think the year before that we had the "biggest line" in the NFL and they proved to be, collectively, a bunch of sissies so soft others wanted to squeeze their charmin. I really like the Wood and Levitre picks. Those guys look like they're going to be nasty!

I can see us having a decent running game with Lynch and Jackson and tough / smart guards helping to lead the way. As long as Trent continues to check down instead of waiting for Evans and Owens, we should have enough passing game to move the chains. If the Bills can average 210-220 yards passing with 1-2 TDs per game and few turnovers, we will be in every game.

I think with Owens we should have at least 5 or 6 extra passing TDs on the season too. He has a knack of taking the short easy completions and turning them into big plays. A top 20 offense will be an improvement over the last few seasons, but I'm hoping for better. I see the addition of Owens as a big plus. We'll need to wait and see how the line changes pan out.