Trent Edwards

Virgil

I think the answer to that questions depends on three things:

If the O-Line can play way better than last year.

If Trent Edwards can reverse the trend of getting worse as the year goes on.

Someone is going to have to step up in a big way at the TE position, critical for Edwards success.

If all these things happen, I think they can take advantage of the weapons, and I do think the talked about no huddle offense would help. With our weaknesses on the O-Line and Trent's strongest areas of play which are his intelligence and accuracy, the No Huddle plays right into our offensive personnel. If we have to depend on the O-Line giving Edwards all day to find an open reciever, it won't be pretty.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how would you know? Can you look downfield to see what's open from your seat/TV? not well enough. I'll take Trent's ability to get someone the ball, and let them do something with it over a guy who has a cannon that can't find a receiver. Enough with the "Checkdown Trent". It's all over TSW, and it's not even a problem in reality. Once again, I suggest you watch the tapes of last year's games. Trent threw deep when he had the opportunity. Problem was, with receivers like Short Lee, Slow Josh, and whoever happened to be #3 that day, in addition to horrible TE's, Trent did fine.

Your posts just keep furthering the obvious point that you really dont watch the games, dont watch them sober, or dont have a clue about football (or all of the above)...you may be the only person in the world that doesnt think Trent has a check down issue...

This isnt even a question...COUNTLESS times last year we would have guys open and trent wouldnt pull the trigger either because he took too long in progressing through his reads or checked down too fast...

Trent has potential, but man, you delusionally prop this guy up like he is already at Brady or Montanna like levels. He fell apart in the second half last year with only 2 games over an 80 rating in his last 8 games. The big problem, defenses caught up with him as it wasnt too hard to take him out of his game.

Hopefully, this was just a hard learned lesson for him and he can grow from it and become better, but checking down was a big problem as it kept us from advancing the ball on occassions we had guys open for the first.

The good news is that we have a lot more underneath weapons this year with T.O. and Nelson on board, so hopefully that helps him make quicker reads.