Bills being pulled into supplement lawsuit

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_12240444

Peter Ginsberg, the attorney representing the Williamses in their federal lawsuit against the NFL in St. Paul, said during a hearing last week that StarCaps were "freely distributed" in the Bills locker room and that "a number" of Buffalo players used StarCaps.

In a letter sent Saturday to U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeanne Graham and made public Monday, Ginsberg wrote he has contacted NFL lawyers to serve subpoenas on the Bills and the subscription service that provided a hotline for players to call for information about supplements.

In the Bills heyday of the 90's, when training camp was in Fredonia, I used to work for a company that rented them the golf cars during camp.

I got to be in the locker room for the first couple days and remember being in Abe Abrowdowski (SP?) office and seeing bottles and bottles of supplements, protein shakes, amongst other things.

I remember being shocked at the amount of different stuff and figured that was the norm for clubs.

Nothing to add I guess, it was just an observation.

I have no recollection of what they were specifically.

In the Bills heyday of the 90's, when training camp was in Fredonia, I used to work for a company that rented them the golf cars during camp.

I got to be in the locker room for the first couple days and remember being in Abe Abrowdowski (SP?) office and seeing bottles and bottles of supplements, protein shakes, amongst other things.

I remember being shocked at the amount of different stuff and figured that was the norm for clubs.

Nothing to add I guess, it was just an observation.

If you delete this quickly you can avoid getting subpoened. :blink:

Who cares? Pat Williams is just looking for every excuse he can find to get around his positive drug test.
And Magnuson questioned whether the NFL violated public policy by not warning the NFLPA it learned through independent testing in November 2006 that Bumetanide existed in StarCaps.

The product was apparently contaminated in Peru & the NFL 'knew' about it in 06 yet did nothing.

Read the article and then draw conclusions. This coming from one who assumed they (the players) were complicit.

Remind me when Kevin Williams played for the Bills? Sounds to me like somebody is reaching.

Not to mention, if these Starcaps were readily available and even distributed in the Bills locker room, why didn't any Bills players test positive??????