MAYBIN VS FREENEY

I think there were to many DE/OLB Hybrids in this draft...and thats why Buffalo went with Maybin and are ok with useing him as a situational DE...I'm hopeing next year more pure DE's come out and Buffalo can grab Schobels replacement then...till then I'm happy with Maybin...as a matter of fact I think this years draft was full of tweeners at all spots...thats probably why no drafties really stould out like last year...maybe next year we grab someone like:

Greg Hardy, Ole Miss

Height: 6-5. Weight: 260

Greg Romeus*, Pittsburgh

Height: 6-5. Weight: 265.

Carlos Dunlap*, Florida

Height: 6-6. Weight: 290.

Everson Griffen*, USC

Height: 6-3. Weight: 265

I generally agree with what you say except I am hoping that schobel returns to form. Kelsay is the one who needs to take a backseat. He consistently gets fooled on playaction and doesn't learn from it. We need someone who gets better and I don't see kelsay doin that

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone (INTELLIGENTLY) explain the need for a 40 time for a defensive lineman? I understand quickness is important - but top speed is less so. I'm genuinely curious - so if you actually know, help? Thanks

top speed is important on fumble returns, as is a good stiff-arm...

MAYBIN

Height: 6'4

Weight: 250

40 time: 4.89

Vertical Leap: 38 inch

Bench Press: 22 reps of 225 pounds

Overall Draft Pick: 11th overall

FREENEY

Height: 6'1

Weight: 266 lbs

40 time: 4.48

Vertical Leap: 37 inch

Bench Press: 28 reps of 225 pounds

Overall Draft Pick: 11th overall

Can he be the next Freeney?!

According to your measurables....no. Luckily measurables dont mean everything...but I wouldnt compare him to Freeney, thats for sure.

Not to sound like a homer...looks like Maybin is built more like Shoebel believe it or not.