Take A Deep Breath, People!

trigger

Until these guys get some actual playing time on the field, does it make sense to either trash or praise the Bills for who they picked? It kills me to see some of these posters so bent out of shape because their favorite "mock draft" was ignored by the Bills (or pretty much every other team) and therefore the Bills are finally ruined for good. I remember when Lonnie Johnson was taken and he was going to be that vertical threat that the Bills had been longing to get at the TE position. Is Nelson that guy? Sure looks good on film, but so did Lonnie. How did that turn out? My son was disgusted when the Bills went with Maybin when Orakpo was available. Why? Because he looked at tons of mock drafts (which were mostly blown out) and was convinced that these "experts" knew what was best for the Bills. Mike Williams was a "can't miss" player. Turns out he missed a lot of things--like passion and the ability to protect the quarterback. Let's wait and judge these guys after we've seen them play a few games, ok?

Until these guys get some actual playing time on the field, does it make sense to either trash or praise the Bills for who they picked? It kills me to see some of these posters so bent out of shape because their favorite "mock draft" was ignored by the Bills (or pretty much every other team) and therefore the Bills are finally ruined for good. I remember when Lonnie Johnson was taken and he was going to be that vertical threat that the Bills had been longing to get at the TE position. Is Nelson that guy? Sure looks good on film, but so did Lonnie. How did that turn out? My son was disgusted when the Bills went with Maybin when Orakpo was available. Why? Because he looked at tons of mock drafts (which were mostly blown out) and was convinced that these "experts" knew what was best for the Bills. Mike Williams was a "can't miss" player. Turns out he missed a lot of things--like passion and the ability to protect the quarterback. Let's wait and judge these guys after we've seen them play a few games, ok?

I get what you're saying but Bills can't get really excited about a good draft on a Bills board??? That's what we're supposed to do.

Then what is the point of having message boards like this where we can express our views? I agree some go overboard but this is what we are here for.

Who peed in your Wheaties this morning?

Every teams, except the Raiders, fans are having a warm glow this morning from their teams drafts. The toys I used to get at Christmas may not have worked after I got the package open but just seeing the gift was very exciting.

Of course fans are supposed to discuss the draft on a message board. I'm not talking about the rational people here. I'm talking about the extreme ones--the ones who say this is the "worst" or "best" draft the Bills have had or that the choice of a player "sucked" or was "brilliant".

I hear what you are saying. And you are right, anything can happen. But we cant fault the Bills for not atleast drafting guys in the areas they needed them. How many years in the past could we say that?

Bills needed a pass rushing DE, and they got one in Maybin. He was seen to be the best pure pass rusher in this class by many scouts.

They needed Oline help and picked up argueably the best center (Wood) and gaurd(Levitre) in the draft.

They needed a safety and got a guy(Byrd) with tons of playmakeing ability. Was not injured his entire college career.

And the Bills needed a TE(Nelson) that was a recieving threat, and they got that too.

Then the Bills got some project guys later in the draft. Nic Harris, needs to make the jump to OLB. He showed some ability to do this in college. And the CBs at then end of the draft were for special team play.

Overall this draft could not have gone much better. Now these guys have to go perform.