OT Anyone have a PS2 they dont use?

stevestojan

Ever since GTA:San Andreas came out, I've been dying to play it - unfortunatly, my house was broken into a couple weeks ago, and among the losses was my PS2. Anyone haev one collective dust they would like to sell? I could paypal you some loot ... let me know. PM me if you want.

Steve

Mods, please don't move this, i could use the exposure of TSW to read this, thanks!

Ever since GTA:San Andreas came out, I've been dying to play it - unfortunatly, my house was broken into a couple weeks ago, and among the losses was my PS2. Anyone haev one collective dust they would like to sell? I could paypal you some loot ... let me know. PM me if you want.

Steve

Mods, please don't move this, i could use the exposure of TSW to read this, thanks!

101250[/snapback]

Go to EB and get a new one for $149.00

Or refurb for $100.00

i wouldn't buy a used one...the lasers on PS2s go like crazy

i'm on my second one now...and am working on preserving that laser with the HD Loader

101359[/snapback]

I guess then the question is, is GTA San Andreas worth buying a new system for?

I dont think i can do it

What I meant was he might see the tray loading older version going on sale to make room for the new top loading version.

101318[/snapback]

There probably aren't that many older models left. Sony was slowly taking the older models off the shelves leading up to the debut of the new slimmer version.

For $149, the same price of the older version, you get an integrated Ethernet port for network gaming. So if you're into online gaming, it's worth it. Plus, it's barely bigger than a DVD box.

You can read about it here. Slimmer PS2

I lasted about a month with Madden and got bored with it. Ended up back on MVP Baseball. MVP is my choice for game of the year. I've been playing it since March.

GTA:SA is a great game. A wonderful game. If you have time to play it. That's my trouble right now is that if I want to play PS2 right now I don't have a ton of time so I just throw MVP in for a half an hour and play. I need a couple hours if I'm gonna sit with GTA.

Is it worth buying a new PS2 for??? I would say go rent a PS2 from Blockbuster and the game and check it out for yourself first. If you aren't drawn in then you are only out about $30.00 rather than $200.00. But, it's still dropping cash on an unknown.

funny you should ask, I bought my PS2 a while back when a friend introduced me to GTA Vice City. I loved Vice City, but I think San Andreas just blows it away. I think it's definitely worth it. Even if you are not satisfied, there are plenty of other games out there that you can try, Socom II, and NCAA 2005 are two that I recommend.