Here are some of the questions after Day 1 of draft

jahnyc

1. The Bills picked Wood and Levitre. The latter is projected inside as a guard. With Butler at RG, who plays left guard and center? The Bills have Wood, Levitre, Hangartner and McKinney to compete for those spots. I assume that Chambers will compete with Bell for RT. Is the plan to move Butler to RT? Will Levitre play tackle? Why two interior picks and no RT or LT?

2. I thought Whitner was moving to free safety, in part to protect him. Will Byrd be the new FS and Whitner will return to SS?

3. Who will be playing at TE? I can't believe that Fine will be the starter.

4. What about LB? Will Ellison remain the starter?

Overall, another strange draft from the Bills. I do not understand the Byrd selection or taking two guards on the first day.

drafting byrd is questionable, but not a real suprise, but i think they done good. there's still goot TE's left, we can get a good one in round three

If we trade back into Rd 3--I strongly suspect that Roscoe, Kelsay and/or Simpson are gone tomorrow....

Next pick SHOULD be TE or OLB but who knows. I really didn't see them taking Maybin over Orakapo. If Maybin will get pushed to OLB then it has to be TE unless they have an area of need they believe needs to be filled. Who knows could be DT-Will Johnson in the 4th.

2. I thought Whitner was moving to free safety, in part to protect him. Will Byrd be the new FS and Whitner will return to SS?

From Sully: "Jairus Byrd, the second-round pick, will be given a shot at the starting free safety job. That means Donte Whitner stays at strong safety. They're high on Byrd's ballhawking skills."

From Sully: "Jairus Byrd, the second-round pick, will be given a shot at the starting free safety job. That means Donte Whitner stays at strong safety. They're high on Byrd's ballhawking skills."

That's exactly how I see it. And today, it seems like they drafted a starting G and C. They will both play G this year and then Wood will move to C. Either way, we have our Pass Rusher, other starting Safety, and Solid Core to our O-Line

If we trade back into Rd 3--I strongly suspect that Roscoe, Kelsay and/or Simpson are gone tomorrow....

i posted before i realized the bills traded their third for levitre... my bad. but i wouldn't miss any of the three players you mention.