Can Levitre play Tackle

Maddog69

I would still like to know, after playing for CAR for two seasons, why the Panthers felt the need to spend a 2nd on Ryan Kalil. And Hangartner didn't sign a massive contract, reportedly only 4 yrs and roughly 10M. That doesn't mean he's a guaranteed starter. That's Tutan Reyes 06 money.

$2.5 million per year is typical starter money. Reyes was making the vet minimum.

Hangartner's the starting C, with Woods having the flexibility to play LG until he gets accustomed to the NFL game. Then they can battle it out next year to see who's the best pivot.

Not saying their interior OL has been good. Just saying it was addressed with Hangartner and Mckinney in Free agency and Wood in the draft. I like all of these moves but just think that we should have address OT before taking another guard (Levitre)

um dude news flash. mckinney is a depth pick. new starting o line is this:

LT - Walker

LG - Butler

C - Wood/Hangarner?

RG - Hangartner/Levitre?

RT - Chambers

this is actually a solid, solid O-line. I think Langston is more than serviceable at LT. Butler is a solid LG, Either of those guys is good at center or RG and CHambers was a very solid RT. All in all, the bills improved their O-line without reaching for a tackle. not to mention, we may have stole a terrific FS. I hate to admit it, but i think Brandon is flashing some football knowledge here. mildly impressed...

LT - Walker

LG - Butler

C - Wood/Hangarner?

RG - Hangartner/Levitre?

RT - Chambers

this is actually a solid, solid O-line. I think Langston is more than serviceable at LT. Butler is a solid LG, Either of those guys is good at center or RG and CHambers was a very solid RT. All in all, the bills improved their O-line without reaching for a tackle. not to mention, we may have stole a terrific FS. I hate to admit it, but i think Brandon is flashing some football knowledge here. mildly impressed...

Thats my point. Why trade up to get Levitre to be a backup when we still need starters at OT, TE and OLB? I love the gfact that they are addressing the OL but not at the expense of other needs.

In other words, the best quality OL depth this team has had in more than a decade?

True. And maybe the FO knows something we don't about other players at other positions (Bell, Fine). If so, I'll be happy to be wrong. But we didn't address OT, we didn't address TE, and we didn't address OLB. Oh, and we no longer have a third round pick, so the TE's are gone. Is Ellison starting at OLB? Fine at TE? Bell at OT? I hope these guys know what they're doing. Methinks they don't.

Thats my point. Why trade up to get Levitre to be a backup when we still need starters at OT, TE and OLB? I love the gfact that they are addressing the OL but not at the expense of other needs

:worthy: I agree wholeheartedly!

True. And maybe the FO knows something we don't about other players at other positions (Bell, Fine). If so, I'll be happy to be wrong. But we didn't address OT, we didn't address TE, and we didn't address OLB. Oh, and we no longer have a third round pick, so the TE's are gone. Is Ellison starting at OLB? Fine at TE? Bell at OT? I hope these guys know what they're doing. Methinks they don't.

A good TE is a luxury. A good line is a necessity.

Almost no team in the NFL has even a decent TE.

And here's a newsflash: Having 6 good players for 5 spots on the OL is 4 more good players for the OL than the Bills have had for about a decade.

LT - Walker

LG - Butler

C - Wood/Hangarner?

RG - Hangartner/Levitre?

RT - Chambers

It seems to me that the people we have are flexible enough so that we can get the best five on the field. Having to decide at this point who the best five are is a nice problem, no complaints from me. The one thing it looks like though is Bell will not be competing for a guard spot.

butler has been the best player on the line the last 2 years

this is absolute nonsense.....Butler the best player on the line for 2 years????? Last year it was Langston Walker and the year before that it was Jason Peters

I'd start Wood out at C, if he can handle it, if I wanted him to be the C for the next decade. The Hangartner comments may be nothing more than a little egg shell tap dancing to keep a smile on the new guy's face. The OL is a work in progress, but at least it is an area that they are actually trying to fix for a change.

Outside: Walker/Chambers/Bell/Butler/Levitre/Scott/Denman.

Inside: Hangarter/Wood/Levitre/McKinney/Butler/Walker/Denman/Phillip/Rodd