Democrats for the future

Mickey

Uptight, and yet very civil. I KNOW rural Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine can compare to the intolerance of rural southern or western states. Massachusetts is the most different state as compared to the ones I just mentioned, but of course it also has the largest urban population, and a lot of problems.

I have lived in:

Niagara Falls, NY

Washington, PA

Charlotte, NC

St. Johnsbury, VT

Waukegan, IL

Virginia Beach and Norfolk, VA

My grandparents lived in Washington(state) and Florida, where I frequently got to visit. I loved the Washington state of my youth... I can't imagine how it has changed with Californians moving up there. It was so beautiful when I was there last, in 1987.

102253[/snapback]

Sorry I should have added rude, cold and impersonal... Don't mean to generalize, but these are the experiances I have had..

Northeast in general seems to be more rude, South more gentile... but they too can stab one in thee back... Midwest is generally friendlier even in the bigger citties... Chicago, MSP, STL, even Detroit... we would more back there in a heartbeat.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Sorry I should have added rude, cold and impersonal...  Don't mean to generalize, but these are the experiances I have had..

Northeast in general seems to be more rude,  South more gentile... but they too can stab one in thee back...  Midwest is generally friendlier even in the bigger citties... Chicago, MSP, STL, even Detroit... we would more back there in a heartbeat.

102267[/snapback]

I LOVED the Chicago area myself, so I know where you are coming from...

I lived in the south for far too long, and I would never move back there, no matter how bad the economy is here or how good the economy is there. It's just a bad fit for me.

I have always had a problem with Massachusetts though... there seems to be many people like the ones you mentioned in your generalities in the state. It's a constant topic in VT.

The further into the abyss we go, the less valid logic and history are.

My grandparents gave up virtually everything to help win WWII.  We don't even lose our cable service.  We're whining about gas prices, socialized medicine, etc.  Hence the reason I don't think most Americans understand the concept of war.  The average American's life hasn't changed measurably since 9/11.

101548[/snapback]

Just reading through this thread.

I totally agree AD.

I LOVED the Chicago area myself, so I know where you are coming from...

I lived in the south for far too long, and I would never move back there, no matter how bad the economy is here or how good the economy is there. It's just a bad fit for me.

I have always had a problem with Massachusetts though... there seems to be many people like the ones you mentioned in your generalities in the state. It's a constant topic in VT.

102895[/snapback]

Interesting.

Reminds me of the time in Burlington, VT where I ran into a MA resident that felt they shouldn't have to feed a parking meter.

I don't know what it is.

Mickey, how would a person who favors tax cuts and is more moderate get through the democratic primary?

The dem base is SO screwy that DEAN was looking like a winner. Have you forgotten the sight of the nine ninnies at the beginning of the primary? They were sucking up to Sharpton as if they were lap dogs.

Imagine the next primary! Edwards, Hillary, Gore, etc. will turn off the American voters as much as any other sorry lot.

As you know, the most active people vote in primaries. For Dem, this means militant vegetarians, peace at all cost hippies, animal rights activists, environmentalist nuts, militant gays, and other radicals take center stage and their views must be addressed.

Besides, if you truly want tax cuts, you are on the wrong side to begin with. :D

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Interesting.

Reminds me of the time in Burlington, VT where I ran into a MA resident that felt they shouldn't have to feed a parking meter.

I don't know what it is.

103747[/snapback]

I tend to think it is the money... It has made the obnoxious ones into elitists and people who just don't care about most people.