I swear to my holy man if we trade up for

BILLS #1

Andre smith with our 1st 2 picks being used or even our 1st and 2nd .. i think my days of being a bills fan will be over... thats is absolute BS if we do.. Michael Oher will be there at 11 and he is just as good... please let Saturday be a good day for me.. just got done with my finals in college and want to enjoy the summer... trading up for andre smith would be a bad start to a summer. Trading up for andre smith would be like getting this guy Andre smith?

If a trade up of any kind but "here is our 7th to move up in the 6th", I am going down to OBD with a BJ's size load of tar and feathers. Stick to your stupid board(which nobody believes you do anyways) and take the player closest to the top at a position of need.

Andre smith with our 1st 2 picks being used or even our 1st and 2nd .. i think my days of being a bills fan will be over... thats is absolute BS if we do.. Michael Oher will be there at 11 and he is just as good... please let Saturday be a good day for me.. just got done with my finals in college and want to enjoy the summer... trading up for andre smith would be a bad start to a summer. Trading up for andre smith would be like getting this guy Andre smith?

What if they do it and he turns out to be really good? Will you come back?

Based on draft value, the Bills will not need to use both 1sts to get ahead of Cinti to grab Smith. #11 and our second rounder (#42) has about equal value to the #5 pick. That said, the top picks these days do not carry as much value as the usual charts say, because teams do not want to commit to the huge contracts that the top picks require. So, we may be able to trade up without losing either of our other day #1 picks. If that was the case, it may well be worth it, and worth at least discussing with other teams.

HUGE holes at LT, G, TE, DE, OLB should be reason enough not to trade up, unless like Labatts said its throing out a 6th or 7th. I also wouldnt be agaisnt trading one of next years day two picks for a pick this year. For me to to be happy with that we must get great value, for I predict we are drafting in the top 5 in 2010.

Based on draft value, the Bills will not need to use both 1sts to get ahead of Cinti to grab Smith. #11 and our second rounder (#42) has about equal value to the #5 pick. That said, the top picks these days do not carry as much value as the usual charts say, because teams do not want to commit to the huge contracts that the top picks require. So, we may be able to trade up without losing either of our other day #1 picks. If that was the case, it may well be worth it, and worth at least discussing with other teams.

It looks like you may be working off the old value chart, bourbon. According to the revised chart that many teams used last year (link broken!), the difference betwen the #11 and #6 picks (just an idea of where Buffalo would need to get to land Smith) is 315 points, or approximately the 58th overall pick. Buffalo could feasibly get it done with a 3rd and 4th rounder. I'm not saying that I'd like it, but as a practical matter, they have the ammo.